• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flagged due to Quality

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I've been reading through everyone else's reasons for why things get kicked out due to quality. A common theme appears to be underexposure or ISO noise. 

So a couple of questions on that. The drink shot here I'm guessing is getting flagged as either underexposed or out of focus. To the latter, that's unfortunate, b/c the image actually is in focus but the condensation on the glass might trick a reviewer to think it isn't. Not much I can do about that if that's the case. However, at what point is contrast not flagged as an exposure issue? Is this as simple as correcting the black point of the image? Or is it simply one they have a bazillion of and are telling me no?

I'm not sure why the Hawk photo & songbird were booted, open to any insights. I'm guessing they didn't like something in the color balance in the Hawk photo as the background looks like it might be skewing a certain direction but I have no clue about songbird.

Appreciate the feedback! 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_2640.jpg - it's a pretty image, but indeed nothing seems to be in focus, not even the rim of the glass.

IMG_2841-Edit 1.jpg - nicely framed, but I think the bird's eye could be sharpened a bit. Unfortunately, some of the highlights in the background seem to be blownout, and are probably unrecoverable.

IMG_5710.jpg - the bird is just too tiny in the scene, and when I zoom in to 150%, which is how far I had to go to get a close look at him, he's not sharp enough.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, yeah not a lot of time for negotiation with a hawk. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is why I have close to zero success at photographing birds !!!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in many ways your guessing are correct.
Here are my thoughts

IMG_2640.jpg Nothing in Focus. Hazy glass should be clear and sharp

IMG_2640.jpg Bird to far away and to much empty Space on the right.

IMG_5710.jpg way to small and to far away
I think in all cases it would help to crop and zoom in on the Subject of the Photo itself.

Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustr...
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill,

Here is my view. I have a different opinion.

The hawk photo: 

I think you could reduce the exposure. It is just a bit too bright, and the histogram shows it is on the bright side, and a small tweak in the white balance - reduce the yellow by a small amount.

I think the focus is fine as well as the composition. The user has enough room to crop to their own taste. 

Song Bird:

I would increase exposure a bit, alter the white balance by increasing the yellow (it's a bit blue) and increase the magenta a bit (it's a bit green due to the background), and add some more contrast. Perhaps the bird is a bit small in the frame, but I don't think this is the rejection reason.

Did you do some sharpening on the birds? You may have done too much. I would try selective sharpening.

Glass photo:

The top of the glass is not completely sharp. You used f/2, so in this case, the focus is correct, but lack of depth of field, hence the focus issue. You should probably increase the f stop, say 5.6.

I agree that the condensation gives the look of being out of focus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very very helpful! Thank you for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct on the drink photo. Also, the reflection of the phone should be removed.

The hawk photo needs sharpening on the face and there is chromatic aberration (white halo) under the branch.

The song bird is a focus problem and it should be cropped down. The subject takes up too little space. Also there is a dark halo arround all edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that latter piece is a big help. 

Where is the phone relection? I believe your mistaking a juke box for a phone, but maybe I'm wrong. If I hear you, you're essentially telling me that the image needs to be one dimensional, no distractions - correct?

Can you clarify the focus piece for the song bird? Are you saying the belly needs to be more in focus? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines