• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Foto rejected - need some guidance on the reasons.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i just started uploding my first fotos and this ones get rejected. It says rejected due to technical problems with foto which is very borad, can be quality, White belence, mega pixels etc. I am attaching both fotos here can someone help identify the issue?

thx,

SD

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

The 2nd image is blurry.  Almost nothing is in proper focus.  You need to work on depth of field.  

I suspect too that you will have trouble with intellectual property.  You need written permission from the porcelain artist/owner to use their artwork commercially.  While this may look antique, I don't think it is. I'm guessing it's a 20th century knock-off made to look like antique European porcelain.  So it's a problem.

I'll let someone else comment on the building.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Almost all of your images (including 4149 from your original post) have dust / sensor spots that need to be cleaned up.  A few of your images look underexposed and have a white balance / colour saturation issue where the colours don't appear natural.  I would also point out that with any of the images with recognisable people would require model releases and any of the business names / logos,  vehicle license plate numbers would need to be cloned out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

The random street scenes with cars, people, signs and logos are never going to be acceptable for stock unless you collect model releases from every person in the scene, remove all logos, license plates, ads, building names, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 2nd image is blurry.  Almost nothing is in proper focus.  You need to work on depth of field.  

I suspect too that you will have trouble with intellectual property.  You need written permission from the porcelain artist/owner to use their artwork commercially.  While this may look antique, I don't think it is. I'm guessing it's a 20th century knock-off made to look like antique European porcelain.  So it's a problem.

I'll let someone else comment on the building.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.

interesting. porcelain is a mass produciton porcelan form shop window so not unique. but got the point.  look forward for more comments meanwhile got anouother portion of rejeciton. really puzzled what is wrong. here is what got rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all of your images (including 4149 from your original post) have dust / sensor spots that need to be cleaned up.  A few of your images look underexposed and have a white balance / colour saturation issue where the colours don't appear natural.  I would also point out that with any of the images with recognisable people would require model releases and any of the business names / logos,  vehicle license plate numbers would need to be cloned out.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copyright attaches to everything. Mass production makes no difference. After about 100 years it passes. Adobe have extra rules. You must follow. Violations here include buildings, bar umbrellas, logos on buildings, posters, sunglasses. You also need many model releases. None of this is reported as "technical issues"; Adobe report only the first problem found. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The random street scenes with cars, people, signs and logos are never going to be acceptable for stock unless you collect model releases from every person in the scene, remove all logos, license plates, ads, building names, etc. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4149:

Many, many sensor spots. You did apply a vignette filter or your lens has a vignette problem. You also applied a filter to flatten out the blacks. Don't do that. Buyers can apply those filters easily, but they can't recover your edits if they need.

Look at the histogram, there is a clean cut off in the blacks area:

Abambo_3-1657792518922.png

There is also strong chromatic aberration visible:

Abambo_4-1657792624185.png

1161: Besides that nothing is in focus, you really face an IP issue here. You can photograph porcelain figures, but as they are the main subject and not only a decorative element somewhere on a commode, you will need a property release. You would also need a property release if it is a side element but custom-made art. And to add, the whole IP is soft science and Adobe tends to be on the secure side, so you may get an IP violation refusal, even when there is none, just because there could be one.

4185: Sensor spots as shown here:

Abambo_1-1657791454100.png

(there are many more!)

You will need to stamp them out. Easy, but it's a nuisance. You will need to clean your sensor!

Composition: piece of paper at the right.

IP violation:

Abambo_2-1657791547209.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great Thank you. was not aware that filters/presets should not be applied to the picture. great feedback.

Any tips how to clean sensor, is it just in camera settings push for sensor cleaning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines