• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gate in the countryside

Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me how to improve on the photo of the gate and white wild flowers that has been rejected  on the technical issues.

Thank you for your advice 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is out of focus except for the goal. You can still sharpen the gate, but not the landscape. The sky is full of spots that should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o dear, not good 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the composition. The pylon at left is not upright - and I would rethink the whole shot. There are many fields in the countryside and most buyers won't want a field with random pylons and electric cables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment, I will try to avoid random pylons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deirdre5ECE Others have given you some sound technical advice, but I also want to help you take better images overall. Think about how your image will be used. This setting is fine, but you didn't get there at the right time of day when the sky and light were more dramatic. Position yourself so power lines and hanging branches don't become distractions. It's usually always best to use a tripod for landscape images. Leave some negative space for buyers who want to add type. Photoshop any small flaws or dust spots. Here is a two-minute suggestion of how your photo might have been improved. Keep shooting!

JainLemos_0-1653065911820.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your constructive comments and example. This looks so much better😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like the poll and the bush around it has some sort of lens distortion/chromatic aberration 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Deirdre5ECE,

I love this photo. The exposure is fine and so is the composition. Your photo on no stock platform is evaluated against how many of the same image is on the platform except you are the one that upload them. Everyone taking the same picture takes it with different perspective and at different time. Nature throws in differences in each shot. Try going back today to take the same shot you will not get the exact frame crop except you have this one to refer to. Additionally the flowers will not look exactly like it does now. This moment never come before you and left with you. With that said, here is my evaluation.

You have a camera settings issue. There is not enough depth of field. As a result most of your subjects is out of focus. My wild guess is that you use a phone or a compact camera to take this picture. If you didn't your camera aperture settings is below F-8. Landscape setting should be more than the above settings. Also, it appears to be a bit grainy. 

I suggest you do a course in photography. LinedIn Learn has some very good basic training you can take advantage of. Ben Long courses are some good ones. You may start here. Also you can look at some tips at this link. Always endeavour to follow the Adobe Guidelines and the 7 tip for success.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines