• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generally how many days it takes to get your first download?

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
My designs got approved approx. 3 weeks ago but I have not got a single download yet. Generally, how many days does it take, or if there is a certain criteria for that then please let me know? 
Also, it will be appreciated if you could guide me to create a better reach?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no particular waiting period for sales to commence; if you have uploaded the type of images that buyers are looking for, and you have added appropriate and useful keywords, your images will sell. My first sales occurred about 2 months after my first upload. I have no idea whether that is typical.

If you join the Adobe Discord Community for Adobe Stock you will become informed about webinars held by Mat Hayward (Adobe Stock Evangelist) and others on topics relating to Stock. Mat has also posted useful videos to YouTube. Search on "adobe stock mat hayward". 

Here's a link to the Discord Community: https://discord.com/channels/692119372793118831/692123858903236740

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't expect to get rich soon. You will need probably thousands of assets in your portfolio to get a decent number of downloads at regular intervals.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all depends on how commercially relevant & appealing your images are to current Stock buyers. 

In this early post-COVID environment, "people in surgical masks" are not in much demand as they were 6-12 months ago but images of "people in natural, social settings" are.  Likewise, if your keyword category is a fiercely competitive one such as sunsets/sunrises, clouds, flowers, plants and kittens, it's quite possible you will never sell anything.  Or if you do, it may take a long time.   For best results, submit lots of different images in diverse categories.  You may not sell a lot of images at first but you'll reach a wider audience.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It can take a very long time or a few days. You need to have rather unique images, that aren't represented. Most themes these days are overrepresented!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People may not even have seen your image. If for example you add a beautiful picture of a flower to Adobe Stock, it will be with 20 million other wonderful pictures of flowers. People will look at maybe the first 10-100 pictures when they do a search. Searching is everything; make sure you set good subjects and keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

People may not even have seen your image. If for example you add a beautiful picture of a flower to Adobe Stock, it will be with 20 million other wonderful pictures of flowers.

By @Test Screen Name

There is probably a preference showing new assets first...and bestsellers. Search engines can be very selective in advancing failure or success.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines