• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello everyone

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new and I realize what is wrong with my first submission and realize that they were not as good as they should be. But I was hoping someone could be more specific about why. Then I can hone in on the problem areas. 

Thank you and have a great day OS1.jpegOS2.jpegOS17.jpgOS26.jpeg

DreamersArtists
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

I really like these!  When I zoom in to 100% view in Lightroom/Adobe Camera Raw, the details are pretty fuzzy and there is some noise.  How were these created?  The texture is consistent enough that I don't believe they are AI generated, but I wonder if they've been upscaled in some way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

In general, upscaling tends to degrade the quality of images and it's not recommended.  Starting out in the size you want to submit is the best way to go.  I've heard that Mid Journey has settings that can be adjusted to start with larger file sizes and that would be a great place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

It is cleaner, in part because it is a smaller file.  While viewing at 100% in Photoshop it is still a bit soft, and zooming in to 200% there were visible aliasing/jagged edges around some of the edges.

It is much better, but my hunch tells me it still may not pass without some additional sharpening.  

Abstract illustrations like this being accepted has always been a 50/50 coin toss in my experience.  Adobe is usually after technically perfect images/illustrations, and the entire concept of this i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

"So am I using the wrong upscale program"

Do NOT upscale. Adobe rules forbid it. If you cannot make an illustration at the right resolution, don't submit it. 

"I thought the photos had to be 4mg or larger."

No. That is a common mistake though. We are seeing many AI images scaled and made unsuitable. The rule is 4 megaPIXEL or larger. That is, width x height in pixels must be more than 4 million. Do not use Photoshop's image size in the status bar. Do not use file size. Count pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really like these!  When I zoom in to 100% view in Lightroom/Adobe Camera Raw, the details are pretty fuzzy and there is some noise.  How were these created?  The texture is consistent enough that I don't believe they are AI generated, but I wonder if they've been upscaled in some way?

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you .... I use Night Cafe and Mid journey and then photoshop and then upscale on upscalepics.com 

So am I using the wrong upscale program cause I can do another with FOTOR my other ai enhancer upscale?

DreamersArtists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, upscaling tends to degrade the quality of images and it's not recommended.  Starting out in the size you want to submit is the best way to go.  I've heard that Mid Journey has settings that can be adjusted to start with larger file sizes and that would be a great place to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought the photos had to be 4mg or larger. It sometimes does not go past the 4mg when I upscale in Mid journey

DreamersArtists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW your awesome thank you for your critiques.

DreamersArtists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will send a photo through a different program with the same picture ..... and then maybe it is different hopefully. One moment 

DreamersArtists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PIC1.png

DreamersArtists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is cleaner, in part because it is a smaller file.  While viewing at 100% in Photoshop it is still a bit soft, and zooming in to 200% there were visible aliasing/jagged edges around some of the edges.

It is much better, but my hunch tells me it still may not pass without some additional sharpening.  

Abstract illustrations like this being accepted has always been a 50/50 coin toss in my experience.  Adobe is usually after technically perfect images/illustrations, and the entire concept of this image is imperfection.  But try sharpening a bit and see if it'll make it through.  Maybe some of the others will spot something I missed as well.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"So am I using the wrong upscale program"

Do NOT upscale. Adobe rules forbid it. If you cannot make an illustration at the right resolution, don't submit it. 

"I thought the photos had to be 4mg or larger."

No. That is a common mistake though. We are seeing many AI images scaled and made unsuitable. The rule is 4 megaPIXEL or larger. That is, width x height in pixels must be more than 4 million. Do not use Photoshop's image size in the status bar. Do not use file size. Count pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines