• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello. Help me figure out what's wrong with these photos. Adobe hasn't been accepting much lately.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

  

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

What was the reason Adobe gave for the rejection?  I am guessing technical issues.

Looking at the first photo, it is very noisy.  It is very noticeable if you inspect your images at 100% - 200% magnification, especially in the shadows on the boy's neck.

IMG_6568a.jpg

Hope this helps,

-Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

The lighting is poor.  There's too little contrast.  Picture quality isn't as sharp and vibrant as it could be.  Compare your work with other Stock Inventory in this keyword category. 

image.png

Adobe Stock Smiling Boy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Hi @Sergei23042041i8bv ,

Both photos are very noisy. You need to do noise reduction in post processing. Also if you look around the hair of the top photo you will notice aqua color fringing. The shadow area of the cup is too dark and details are lost there. The highlighted area of the cup also displays color noise. It is important that you zoom in on your files at between 100 and 200% to inspect them and make corrections in post processing using a software such as Photoshop.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Hello,

You should also choose a better background. I guess for the head and shoulders shot you used the wall; the pinkish colour isn't a good choice. Not to mention you have shadows from the flash - it's almost like a passport photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the reason Adobe gave for the rejection?  I am guessing technical issues.

Looking at the first photo, it is very noisy.  It is very noticeable if you inspect your images at 100% - 200% magnification, especially in the shadows on the boy's neck.

IMG_6568a.jpg

Hope this helps,

-Rob

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, now I understand)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that to the details that have been wisely advised to you, I would add that you study lighting more and that you take your time, testing and looking for the best options, I know very good photographers specialized in the subject "children" and they even use the screen from the computer to see the focus and lighting, apart from umbrellas, spotlights and flashes for a shot. I must also tell you that with the criteria used by Adobe, possibly even they would reject their photos, I put Andrea Martin for example (you can see her work on instagram) I wouldn't be surprised at all if their photos were rejected due to blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lighting is poor.  There's too little contrast.  Picture quality isn't as sharp and vibrant as it could be.  Compare your work with other Stock Inventory in this keyword category. 

image.png

Adobe Stock Smiling Boy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sergei23042041i8bv ,

Both photos are very noisy. You need to do noise reduction in post processing. Also if you look around the hair of the top photo you will notice aqua color fringing. The shadow area of the cup is too dark and details are lost there. The highlighted area of the cup also displays color noise. It is important that you zoom in on your files at between 100 and 200% to inspect them and make corrections in post processing using a software such as Photoshop.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Sergei23042041i8bv 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You should also choose a better background. I guess for the head and shoulders shot you used the wall; the pinkish colour isn't a good choice. Not to mention you have shadows from the flash - it's almost like a passport photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention you have shadows from the flash - it's almost like a passport photo.

By @ricky336

Just as a side note:

I've done pictures for VISA applications for more than 10 years now and also some for passport applications and I can assure you that pictures with shadows get a refusal:

Abambo_0-1644347843619.png

This is from the US site, but the requirements are quite identical for any country in the world… 🙂

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to actually take passport photos in the days of film and Polaroid. (There was a specific polaroid camera that would take 4 shots on one print. ) And of course, shadows are unacceptable - among other specific requirements. My point was that it almost looked liked one - meaning not very flattering. (Passport photos are not supposed to be flattering. It should show warts and all.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, cool answer))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines