• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello. Im new in this. I want to understand how this works to send mi pictures.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im new in this world. I have send this picture last week, but it has been rejected. Please, can you tell my the reason? Thank you.

20210222_155716-05.jpeg

 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

What reason were you given for the rejection? Was it for technical reason? Then it maybe the image noise. There are also hardly any details to be seen in the houses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

As @Marianne-Deiters says, always give the refusal reason that you got from Adobe. In this case, however, it's obvious that its "Technical Issues".

Let's resume what I see:

• It's noisy
  • It's lacking sharpness
  • It has a white balance problem - the colours are too cool, the banner should probably show white
    Abambo_0-1614350891262.png
  • The crop is not good.

If all these problems were solved, you would get an IP refusal because of the banner, may be also because of the architecture.

If you are new to stock, you should consi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What reason were you given for the rejection? Was it for technical reason? Then it maybe the image noise. There are also hardly any details to be seen in the houses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I forget that part. They told me that was for "Technical Issues". Thank you for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you will also need IP release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is that, IP release? It's like the copyright? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IP=Intellectual Property. Copyright is part of that, but it is not only copyright. Logos are part of IP, Architecture, design, and the latest technology in your car...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Marianne-Deiters says, always give the refusal reason that you got from Adobe. In this case, however, it's obvious that its "Technical Issues".

Let's resume what I see:

• It's noisy
  • It's lacking sharpness
  • It has a white balance problem - the colours are too cool, the banner should probably show white
    Abambo_0-1614350891262.png
  • The crop is not good.

If all these problems were solved, you would get an IP refusal because of the banner, may be also because of the architecture.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I'm going to review all the points and will see the links to understand better this world. 

I need to know: it's possible to post pictures that have been taken with a smartphone? I edit them with some apps, and i don't know if the quality is good enough.

Again, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pictures taken by smartphones are acceptable, but the quality requirements for a picture taken with a $10 camera and lens are the same as pictures taken with a $100,000 camera.

The problem with small sensor cameras are that the light that falls on the sensor is limited, but the resolution is high. Programmers use sophisticated algorithms to make your picture make look good on your (camera) screen, but if you look into the details, you detect problems, like noise or related to this aggressive noise reduction. There are also optical problems to be solved. And then there is also a good amount of compression that is applied to your pictures. All this reduces the (technical) quality of the picture.

In contrast to this, more sophisticated cameras like the mainstream APS-C (1.5-1.6 smaller than full frame) or full frame (35 mm) sensor cameras offer raw image saving capabilities. Image processing is done then carefully and sometimes quite extensively offline on the computer, where you have possibilities to work non-destructively.

You see it in the image quality when you look at your picture at 100% or 200% magnification.

This said, smartphones may produce great pictures that get accepted if you have optimal conditions. So yes, it is possible to post pictures from any source and get them accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IP is like copyright. Anything made or designed by a human has copyright for maybe 100 years. You can't sell a photo - for use in adverts and books - with anything copyright. UNLESS you get a "property release" from the copyright owner. 

For example, if you take a picture of your cousin stood by his VW, you need permission from the propery owner. That isn't your cousin, it's VW. So your photo would need permission from the owner of the building copyright, and the owner of the banner copyright. Many pictures are impossible to sell because you can't get permission. For example, VW won't give permission, because it would let BMW use the VW in an advert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines