• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello, please help me to recognize what technical problems are in these photos to improve my work

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me what is wrong with this rejected photos, I want to improve my work, but I really can´t imagine what´s wrong with it. Similar photos of this series were accepted and some were even sold.
best regards

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not written the reason for rejection. Maybe someone else's property?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your note, I will check if this applies here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the photos, like photo No. 0135, are strongly distorted. Maybe you can improve it with Lens and Upright correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your note, with No135 you´re right it´s too much distortet, I will make a upright correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously need a property release for these. I wouldn't risk publishing those without an authorization. From my experience, plants are very selective what they allow and what not and the plant owner will recognize his plant. "Similar photos" lets me think that the moderators were less stringent on this.

So now for the technical part: I disagree with @Marianne-Deiters that the distortion is a big problem and the main reason for rejection. It does however not hurt to correct that. Correcting wide-angle pictures, however, cuts off often interesting elements of the borders. You could have photographed directly with a standard lens and for that. For the pictures I've seen, I have identified 3 problems:

• Noise - some pictures expose a lot of noise. This wouldn't disturb me to create a folder for my company from these pictures if they would document a plant we build, but I know that Adobe stock is very picky on noise.
  • Chromatic aberration - especially wide-angle lenses have that problem:
    Abambo_0-1625072670669.png
  • Overexposure - like 0226.

(one little detail: next time close the door: 0117)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leaving aside the IP issues related to images from an industrial plant, I think the focus isn't sharp enough in most of the images; I should be able to zoom in and read the gauges and signs and labels.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

might be its very specific fotos. but really colrful, great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines