• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help identify quality issue with this image

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. This was one of my first uploads in Adobe Stock, and it was rejected due to quality issues. I'm very new to serious photography, so it will be great if someone can help me identify the issues with the image. Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

It's a nice house picture, but the framing is odd. More of the sky in the image would be great.

In addition, you probably need to correct the geometry:

Abambo_0-1665512437883.png

Now for other quality issues:

• You have washed out colours, most likely because of noise reduction.
  • There is also chromatic aberration. This needs to be addressed: Abambo_1-1665512631998.png

• The whole image is not really sharp. Your lens may be producing a soft look or that your focussing was not very accurate.

Different other problems:

• You will need a property re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nice house picture, but the framing is odd. More of the sky in the image would be great.

In addition, you probably need to correct the geometry:

Abambo_0-1665512437883.png

Now for other quality issues:

• You have washed out colours, most likely because of noise reduction.
  • There is also chromatic aberration. This needs to be addressed: Abambo_1-1665512631998.png

• The whole image is not really sharp. Your lens may be producing a soft look or that your focussing was not very accurate.

Different other problems:

• You will need a property release for this house.
  • The red cross is a protected logo, you will have to edit that out.Abambo_2-1665512880206.png
  • This plate has to go away, and the plate behind also:

Abambo_3-1665512927872.png
  • The name sign of P. Gupta should also get edited out, and Dr MRay also.

• The Panasonic nameplate on the cooler can't stay neither:

Abambo_4-1665513104480.png

All in all, because of the technical issues, you can't save this picture. IMHO, phones are no good cameras for stock. They can produce acceptable images, but mostly, their small sensor introduces artefacts and noise, that gets compensated for by the in-camera processing. This processing is often very aggressive and is targeted at producing nice pictures for the astonishing phone screens. If you want to get serious into photography, you should consider acquiring a new or used camera with interchangeable lenses and a sensor size of at least Four-Thirds. I would even say that an older full frame (35mm) camera is better than a newer Four-Thirds camera.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for such a detailed explanation. 

Most probably my phone camera (Pixel 6a) isn't suited for serious levels of photography. I have recently bought a Canon Rebel T7, and will try to shoot more often using it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to my previous reply, the photography tips are also immensely helpful. Thanks for those as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo pretty much summed it up. Geometry and IP issues are the main thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scene has oodles of charm & character but there is a lot going on here.  To add what @Abambo said, you could potentially crop this into several smaller shots, each with it's own unique story.  For example, the laundry, the doors, potted plants & curb, etc...  Anyway, I think this scene contains loads of possibilities for multiple submissions.  Play around with it and see what you come up with.   Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with @Nancy OShea! The scene allows for so many detail shots. It's really lovely. The lower part reminds me a bit of my grandmother's place, except, that she had more room left and right.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy! I'll take your advice on board and see what I can do with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like interesting old facades like this; however in order to avoid the effect that the building is leaning away from you, you would have had to stand farther away, which may not have been possible. I also immediately zoomed in on the signs to determine if sharp focus had been achieved, and the signs are barely legible, which indicates that you weren't steady enough while taking the photograph, or your camera just isn't capable of sharp focus. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe my phone camera (Pixel 6a) isn't capable of sharp enough focus. Thank you for your input! I have recently bought an entry-level DSLR, and will try to shoot more often using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines