• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Identifying Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo was rejected for Technical Issues. Any feedback or guidance anyone might have would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Looks like a pleasant, shady place for a walk! Zoom in to 100% and you will see that nothing is in sharp focus; there is also chromatic aberration as well as significant noise in the shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Hi @Kevin Hearn ,

Your photograph is underexposed. It would appear you have placed the focus at the wrong position, hence areas in the forefront not sharp.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a pleasant, shady place for a walk! Zoom in to 100% and you will see that nothing is in sharp focus; there is also chromatic aberration as well as significant noise in the shadows.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. I made some adjustments to correct for the noise and chromatic aberration. I posted the updated photo below in the thread. Any feedback you have on the updates would be appreciated.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kevin Hearn ,

Your photograph is underexposed. It would appear you have placed the focus at the wrong position, hence areas in the forefront not sharp.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the input. Not much I can do about the focus right now, but I did play with my edits some to bring up the exposure. I see what you mean. I think it also helped address some of the noise that Jill_C mentioned...probably introduced when I pulled the shadows up trying to correct the under exposure. 

Other than the focus issue - I think the attached photo looks better. Thank you.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely an improvement, but now some of the leaves on the bush on the left are nearly blown out. You can use the Local Adjustment brush in LightRoom to darken those a bit; nevertheless, the soft focus cannot be fixed so it won't be acceptable as Stock. But it's good practice!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kevin Hearn ,

It is still showing underexposed. You need to adjust exposure. Look at the patches of sunlight on the ground. They are dull.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines