• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help understanding rejection reasons

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the attached two pics of the same guitar, taken at the same time and both have been rejected. The first for IP reasons, the second saying I've already uploaded a similar image. I'd appreciate any thoughts on why the rejection on either basis. I don't have a similar image uploaded.

In addition, there are several examples of this style of guitar (not these photos) already on Adobe Stock, many showing the headstock which includes branding.

I've had 81 completely different guitar and bass images rejected with the 'similar images' reason. I'm wondering if the ai is not able to differentiate between guitars. Many thanks

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe WILL NOT accept any recognisable product. Some products are generic, but not with branding. Adobe will not accept a trademark in any form. Adobe change the rules from time to time, so you can't use the presence of existing photos in stock to prove that yours should be accepted. Also, the ones in Stock might have correctly obtained an IP release. Did you read Adobe's IP rules in detail?

You no doubt see these two photos as utterly different. To a moderator, I'd say they are basically the same image (with a different guitar). You will eventually be blocked if you keep submitting similar pictures.

These are nice pictures and I hope you find good and profitable home(s) for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful to know that the moderators do not differentiate between models, colours, lighting or other features of a product. In this case it's actually the same guitar with different lighting. There's no branding on the guitar and the physical shape is not trademarked, albeit that unsuccessful attempts have been made to trademark it in the past.

There does seem to be a lack of consistency in the moderation process. For example, if you enter the search terms Fender Stratocaster or Gibson Les Paul, you will find branded images for those guitars on Adobe Stock. I've just done and found many.

All of the photos I would contribute on Adobe would be guitars so on the basis of what you say it would seem foolish to continue. Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look closer you will see that any of those guitar images with an identifiable logo are marked "Editorial Only" which means that they cannot be licensed for commercial use and can only be used in news articles.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe curates premium content from trusted partners and agencies.  Some are for Editorial Use only, (news articles, journalistic reporting), not commercial use on billboards & buses.

Duplicate content could mean they already have enough guitars in inventory from other contributors.

Although one guitar looks much like another to me,  I know some aficionados who can spot a Fender or Gibson Les Paul from 40 paces away. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two images are effectively the same. The 1st image can be cropped to get the 2nd image! Regarding IP, you would need to get an IP release for these. Without it, you won't be able to upload to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @alisonb68414051 ,

Both guitar are underexposed. The second is not completely sharp and the first one has a color fringe.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1648249796833.png

With that said. If you have 80 different guitars to upload do not upload any more than 6 in quick succession. You need to have a very wide variety of images. If you have multiple of one guitar at different angles then that is ok. However if both are at the same angle, that's similar. If you have different color of the same shape guitar then it is likely you will at some point get a similar rejection. The design might be the reason for the IP rejection. I do not see a logo or any other trademark for an IP rejection. Humans are who review files.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines