• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Here to learn about "quality Issues" on my submissions and how to have more success in the future.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no better way for me to improve than by receiving guidance from experts. Please, share with me your tips on what i should post and what quality issues are within my pictures.  Thank you!!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

IMG_1587.jpg - not sharply focused and the composition is messy. I don't see any commercial use for such an image.

IMG_9864.jpg - oversaturated, chromatic aberration and lacking sharp detail

IMG_3287_jpg.jpg - blurry and white balance is too blue 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1587.jpg - not sharply focused and the composition is messy. I don't see any commercial use for such an image.

IMG_9864.jpg - oversaturated, chromatic aberration and lacking sharp detail

IMG_3287_jpg.jpg - blurry and white balance is too blue 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jill_C. I'll be more mindful. Can you share any links to great examples for what is considered acceptable Adobe Stock images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you just search for images in the Adobe Stock database in your keyword category. Also, join the Stock Discord channel where they host frequent talks on getting your work accepted as well as analysis of rejected images.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link to the Discord channel is shown at the bottom of this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GCAS747 ,

There are other issues such as color fringing, and white balance issue on the first and second photos.

The third photo has a white balance issue.

To to add to the links you're given you may also find some useful information that can help you identify and resolve issues with your photos here.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the insight into the WB. I am learning it's important to choose the neutral color, will do more reading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can look at the 100 million images already in Adobe Stock. But beware! You only see a reduced size preview. Many faults can only be seen by zooming in on the ORIGINAL picture to maybe 200%. Be sure you are doing this, and seeing only perfection, everywhere in your images. Detail should be sharp and clear, without imperfections. It needs even more skill to get a great commercial shot using an iPhone than with a fancier camera. If you don't have commercial experience consider joining a camera club, to learn the special craft of making world class photography for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip! It is extremely useful to apply the scope of inspecting the file at 200%; I'll use this as my new method for testing quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, yes, photography for commercial use has different standards than let's say pictures for social media. I'll set feelers for photography assistant gigs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take some photography classes and join a local photography club.  It's a great way to meet like-minded people and go on photo field trips together.

Smartphones are convenient and simple to use but they are not ideal for Stock Photography. 

You'll get better quality and a lot more control with an entry level DSLR camera. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your iPhone swallows details in the images if the shooting conditions are not optimal.

Abambo_0-1680877748088.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines