• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi all, I am new to stock and would like to know if there are any addtional steps I need to take to make my picture visible to potential buyers once stock approves it

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am new to stock and would like to know if there are any addtional steps I need to take to make my picture visible to potential buyers once stock approves it?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

I took a look at your portfolio and see you only have four images online. The subject matter is fairly common so it will be difficult to find success with what is currently online in your account. My recommendation is to get out and start shooting. Diversify your portfolio, establish a routine of consistent uploads. Take time with your keywords and have fun! As the post above mentioned, it takes time and effort to find success shooting stock. If you are willing to put in the work, the potential

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, once it's approved it's live on the site. You might want to review your keywords just to be sure you've adequately described the image to aid buyers in finding it.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iahmed, Welcome to the Adobe contributors community.

Once you have relevant key words, and as many as you can think of (not exceeding the max allowed), that will help people to find your images, that's it. Here are some links with pointers you can take advantage of:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/profile-page.html

Manage Your Profile Page: tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Keyword Tutorial: Optimize your content for search with effective keywords at Adobe Stock

Title and Keywords: Create titles and keywords to help content sell

Choosing Category: Choose the right category in the Adobe Stock Contributor portal

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the previous two responses said that there's nothing you can do once you've submitted your image. But there is.

The key thing about stock is that stock sells stock. If you have an image that people like, it will rise to the top of the stack in search results because it is popular. Once that happens, buyers will see other images that are in your port, particularly if they are of a similar theme.

In addition, buyers like to see new content, so continuing to upload on a regular basis will mean that buyers looking for new images are more likely to see yours.

So, the way to improve your sales for all your images is to keep uploading content. If you want get more precision, then keep a log of what sells well and try to upload similar content rather than just uploading a whole bunch of random stuff.

It takes hard work to do this, and unless you are dedicated to this, you might find it hard to keep ahead of the curve. But it can be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took a look at your portfolio and see you only have four images online. The subject matter is fairly common so it will be difficult to find success with what is currently online in your account. My recommendation is to get out and start shooting. Diversify your portfolio, establish a routine of consistent uploads. Take time with your keywords and have fun! As the post above mentioned, it takes time and effort to find success shooting stock. If you are willing to put in the work, the potential for earnings is limitless.

I created a series of videos a while back showing my approach to shooting stock. You may find it helpful. Links to the videos can be found in this blog post: From Shoot to Sale: Part 1 | Adobe Blog

Good luck!

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines