• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I better improve these images in order to be accepted

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newbie here, I was just wanting to know if these sort of images are accepted and if so, how can I improve mine. Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Welcome @Andrea24051453ifk3 .  Generally speaking, you would post an image of yours that was rejected with the reason Adobe gave you and we could offer advice on those.  It sounds like you haven't tried submitting these images yet.  I can tell you right away they would be rejected for copyright because of the Scrabble tiles used.  Generic wooden tiles with letters on them are fine, but once they have the point value assigned, it is obvious that it is a Scrabble tile and therefore unacceptable be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Scrabble tiles are trademarked and require a property release, so these probably won't be accepted. They're also not well photographed, poorly aligned and the white background looks too gray and has some debris.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

One important thing to think about is how can these images be used. How commercial are they? From my point of view, not useful. How useful are Scrabble letters depicting a word ?

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

and

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Guide.pdf

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome @Andrea24051453ifk3 .  Generally speaking, you would post an image of yours that was rejected with the reason Adobe gave you and we could offer advice on those.  It sounds like you haven't tried submitting these images yet.  I can tell you right away they would be rejected for copyright because of the Scrabble tiles used.  Generic wooden tiles with letters on them are fine, but once they have the point value assigned, it is obvious that it is a Scrabble tile and therefore unacceptable because you don't have the rights to sell those images commercially.

I would also say that black and white images are not often accepted in Adobe Stock.  Customers can always convert full colour images to black and white if that's what they need but not vice versa.

Here are some resources that you might find useful:

Good luck with your submissions and by all means if you get content rejected, please feel free to post your original size image here with the rejection reason and we'll do our best to help.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrabble tiles are trademarked and require a property release, so these probably won't be accepted. They're also not well photographed, poorly aligned and the white background looks too gray and has some debris.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrea24051453ifk3,

The only way to know if your images will be accepted is by uploading them. If they are accepted they will sell. As was pointed out black and white images are not encouraged. However, because these are scrabble spelling words, I am not sure if they will be accepted. The only way to know is to upload them. 

The only thing I note with these is that I think the black is a little dull. I am not sure what the moderator will say. I do not submit black and white at all.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scrabble will be an IP violation if there are no technical issues.

I've looked at your first, and it seems to me, that the exposure is incorrect, and it is out of focus. If you can get the characters without the values and make sharp and correctly exposed colour pictures with no other defects on them, they probably will get accepted. If they sell is a different story, but if your text is what is looked at that moment, go ahead. If you are wishing happy Easter, that train has departed for this year.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines