• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to associate images with release forms?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded my first images, and filled out some release forms, but how does the reviewer know which forms belong to which images?

I didn't see any options during either submission on how to associate them with each other.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

You need a property release for fictional people!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

When you uploaded your picture, you need to click “Recognizable people or property”

Abambo_0-1675527126981.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

I interpret the prompt as "recognizable people or recognizable property".

By @Kronzky

============

Recognizable person or property means (recognizable person) or (property).

FIRST CASE:  Let's say you paint an original abstract picture and submit it to Stock. 

It's not recognizable to anyone but you, it's an abstract.  But it's an original artwork and is therefore private property.  Your property.  You as the artist must submit a signed property release giving Adobe Stock permission to sell

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the image page there's an empty space for the release, but I didn't see any option during upload where I would define the form.

release.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Model releases or Property Releases  --  which one?

Model

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html

Property

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Property releases (for AI images).

They all filled out, and listed as complete in my profile, but how do I link them to the relevant images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you need a Property Release for AI.  But you definitely must add "Generative" and "AI" to the title, keyword and description when submitting as Generative AI Illustration.  Otherwise it will be rejected. 

Refer to AI guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the AI-FAQ I need a model release for generating recognizable persons, and a model release for imaginary ones.

But perhaps guidelines changed recently, and it's not reflected in the FAQ yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVM - I figured it out.

The submission form has an option to specify whether the image contains a recognizable person. If you turn that on, you will then get field where you can enter the release form number. (But all my objects were generic, I never got that prompt.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recognizable person requires a signed model release by that recognizable person.

AI Illustrations based on known celebrities like Elivis Presely or Beyonce, you will never get it through.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A recognizable person requires a signed model release by that recognizable person.

AI Illustrations based on known celebrities like Elivis Presely or Beyonce, you will never get it through.

By @Nancy OShea

If you get a model release from Elvis or Einstein you are either a wizard or a fraud. 😜

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get a model release from Elvis or Einstein you are either a wizard or a fraud. 😜

By @Abambo

===========

The deceased's estate or foundation would handle such matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The deceased's estate or foundation would handle such matters.

By @Nancy OShea

Reading the rules, Elvis needs to sign. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have the option to turn that on for any picture. You just need to answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a property release for fictional people!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is so, then it's back to my original question.
How would I associate the form with my image?

I can do it for images based on real people, but once I click the option that they're NOT based on real ones, the prompt to enter the release form number disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to submit a property release. That's also “YES”!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uploaded your picture, you need to click “Recognizable people or property”

Abambo_0-1675527126981.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I interpret the prompt as "recognizable people or recognizable property". NOT "recognizable people or (any) property". After all, for generic property you never need a release, so it cannot mean "any property".

But I guess (and in line with other documentation) they consider imaginary persons to be recognizable property (never mind the logic), and thus want a release.

So, they should clearly clarify this prompt a bit, as right now it's a bit contradictory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I guess (and in line with other documentation) they consider imaginary persons to be recognizable property (never mind the logic), and thus want a release.

So, they should clearly clarify this prompt a bit, as right now it's a bit contradictory.

By @Kronzky

The property is the artwork, and you need to assert that you have all the rights to this property, as the creation (the fictional person) is yours. The property does not need to be a house.

Since the beginning of the times, artists did assert that the artwork was not modelled after a living or dead person, by using a property release. This is not an invention of AI. But it's easier now for people with little or no talent to submit masses of pictures showing people. So, the question is coming up more often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I interpret the prompt as "recognizable people or recognizable property".

By @Kronzky

============

Recognizable person or property means (recognizable person) or (property).

FIRST CASE:  Let's say you paint an original abstract picture and submit it to Stock. 

It's not recognizable to anyone but you, it's an abstract.  But it's an original artwork and is therefore private property.  Your property.  You as the artist must submit a signed property release giving Adobe Stock permission to sell it.

SECOND CASE:  Now let's say you paint an original picture of your local bartender.  You must submit TWO releases, a model release signed by the bartender and a property release signed by you as the artist.

It's the same for all mediums -- watercolors, finger paintings, digital drawings, or generative AI illustrations .  You are submitting your artwork for sale. Complete a property release for each one.  If your artwork contains a real person, also submit a model release.

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines