• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change language settings in adobe stock contributor page?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm registered with a swedish address because I reside in Sweden, but I do not speak Swedish. In my Adobe Account I chose English as my first language and Portuguese as my second language, but when I go to Adobe Stock and click in "Sell", imediattely everything turns into Swedish. How can I change the language settings in adobe stock contributor page?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another post on that topic which will guide you.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/how-to-change-language-in-adobestock/m...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jill!
It's a bummer that the only way to change the language is by changing the region, but it seems like it's the only possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to be a long-standing complaint / issue which Adobe hasn't addressed yet...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same "problem". It's even very weird, as my region allows for 3 languages to be selected. It always falls back to the same language, which I speak, but do not prefer. You even can get people angry with that in countries where you have open language disputes, like in Belgium.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following this issue for years. and it goes to worst. Can adobe be serious about this single issue that bugging so many of your users? 

firstly, it should be easy for an icon rather than in assumption of the region should be an assumed language the whole entire region will be using. For example, I am living in Hong Kong, but not all are reading Chinese. In the region selection, Hong Kong is only listed in Chinese, and who on earth will be knowing that is refering to Hong Kong in only Chinese, if you do not read the language? Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 4.11.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-01-02 at 4.11.46 PM.png

2. If you would like to use English, of which is a legal language in Hong Kong, and there is not selection on that, so I have to switch to Australia in order to use English. 

What kind of logic is that? 

3. As so many of your users responded for years that it will switch language when we log out, and even selected preferred language, and it just keep switching to 'Adobe preferred' language. This is shameful to have this type of services, just image that every time you need to guess the language that you do not read and to reset the language that you can understand, even the locals here will not do that to those can't read and write Chinese. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is indeed a strange logic to associate a language to a region. Especially, that Adobe solves the only real problem that could arise from that selection: regional prices of the products. For me, the Language and the Region you live in need to be decoupled. I can well live in Brazil, but preferring the websites/programs language in Bulgarian.

It's nice that Adobe offers so many languages, most companies, also international ones, don't do. And it is a lot of work to maintain all those local language versions, even that mechanical translation has improved over the time. But indeed, there is not a real relation to the language you use and the region you live in.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines