• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to deal with NO PERMISSION FOR PHOTOGRAPH, if the picture is a product of the imagination?

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I received a "NO PERMISSION TO PHOTOGRAPH" message for the digital reproduction of my painting with the building, which is 100% my imagination. The painting is not based on a real landscape. LowRes image is attached.

How to deal with this problem? I have no direct contact with the moderators - they expect me to send a formally signed permission, which I don't actually need. Or do I have to give my own permission? it seems absurd. I would be very thankful for your help. V.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Of course you need to show a permission. How can Adobe guess this is from your imagination if you do not tell them? It is entirely normal to sign an IP release as both "artist" (photographer) and "owner" (painter): all artists submitting their own work are expected to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Adobe's merely asking you for permission to sell your original artwork commercially, that's all.  It's pretty standard with all microstock agencies.  It ensures you own it 100% and that nobody else can claim ownership of it.

When you resubmit, include your signed IP release form and everything will be fine.

Read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  There's a lot of useful information in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waht do you think if  I send as a response (instead of requested permission) something like that:

I hereby declare that the buildings featured in the submitted image named “Windkraft aus dem Schwarzwald (Winter)” are a product of my imagination and bear no resemblance to the real world. The image of the buildings was created by hand and digitally inserted at selected point in the drawn landscape. For this reason, no tracing of the photograph of natural landscapes was undertaken in this image production.

Signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you need to show a permission. How can Adobe guess this is from your imagination if you do not tell them? It is entirely normal to sign an IP release as both "artist" (photographer) and "owner" (painter): all artists submitting their own work are expected to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply! It really surprises me to be honest. I hope it only applies to people and property such as private homes. Actually, I have already completed all the formalities (from my side) with approval and signatures. I'm not an expert in this particular area of jurisprudence as copyrights etc., so the two signatures from the same person representing two sides of the agreement kinda defies logic. Sorry for my trivial comments.

Thanks a lot once more!

And of course thanks for the reply! v.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's merely asking you for permission to sell your original artwork commercially, that's all.  It's pretty standard with all microstock agencies.  It ensures you own it 100% and that nobody else can claim ownership of it.

When you resubmit, include your signed IP release form and everything will be fine.

Read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  There's a lot of useful information in it.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the answer!

As I said before, I am new on the AS. I have to learn a lot. V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines