• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to release property release for non-existent person created by AI ?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a paid AI service to create faces. Even if the person in the image is non-existent, adobe still requires a model or property release. I read in another thread that a property release is needed for a non-existent person. I am very confused.
My doubts are: 1. What should I upload for the 'Visual Reference of the property' in the release form?
2. Property owner - Who is considered the property owner, me or the AI company?
3. Artist information - Should I provide my own artist information or that of the AI company?

It would be very helpful if someone could clarify the above details. Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Murali28567451frul,

It is your artwork, your property and you are the artist. If the face is generic then you obviously cannot secure a model release. Therefore, you will complete a property release of which you fill it out as the property owner and as the artist. 

Please note:

If you use the electronic form, you will not need witnesses to sign.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Property owner - Who is considered the property owner, me or the AI company?

The property owner must be accurate. Check the contract you have with the AI company to see if they retain the rights, or transfer the rights entirely to you. Some AI companies do not have suitable contracts for making stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To upload to stock you must have total control of the asset. Your contract with your AI provider must give you exclusive rights to use the assets commercially and non commercially. 

The visual reference is the asset! The property owner are you. The artist (photographer for real properties!) are you. With the property release you assert, that your character is a fully fictional person. By uploading you confirm that you have all the rights. 

You should read this thread and the linked documents and follow the instructions verbatim. https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines