• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am confused about the acceptance and rejection process.

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am confused about the selection and/or rejection process. My image of a vintage strip of photo negative showing 4 frames was accepted.

Contact print frames 33-36.jpg

However a similar image showing 12 frames was rejected.

Contact print 12-frames.jpg

The reason given was "Technical Issues" although both images have the exactly the same resolution. While the same section of strip numbers 33 to 36 are similar, I believe the 2 files look different enough to satisfy different creative needs.

Maybe the images were judged by different people?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose,

Your photos are nice. I would suggest you make the rejected image a little warmer and re-upload. I am not able to identify any other reason for rejection. 

Also please note similar rejection is usually so specified, and is different from technical issue.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JG, I will try your suggestion. I did not know that rejected submissions can be reuploaded. I appreciate your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome Jojithree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's because of this ??

Contact print 12-frames (2).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying ricky336 but the portion you encircled is part of 4 strips of vintage negatives that were accepted. I surmise that their selection process is not really consistent since they deal with art that is subjective. I do appreciate your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines