• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot find my picture when looking for it in adobe.stock

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I trying to find my picture which has been properly uploaded and approved the search system doesn't show it among results. I tried the searching with different sets of keywords (all used keywords are part of description for the picture). Nevertheless most attempts are not OK. Though some of them (very rare) show the picture.

I tried that for several pictures. Some of them have never been found.

For instance I cannot find this one (with keywords below in different combination):

church russia fall watercolor chateau painting kremlin

Why it happens ?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

When you indexed the file you indicated that you were adding the keywords in German. However, when I checked it I see you actually used English keywords. I have changed the language selection to English. Try again soon with the relevant keywords and you should find it.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have the same Problem. When I search for the Image ID the search engine finds my picture. But when I search for the exact title or keywords I cannot find it. Images (80+) have been accepted a week ago. Does it just take longer for them to appear in the search?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adriang35937582  wrote

(...) But when I search for the exact title (...)

The title can not be used as a search criteria.

BalticKam : What is the file id?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ID - 249945764

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BalticKam

Sorry about the experience of not finding your photo online. First I should let you know, except the words of your title are used to keyword/tag your uploads, you will not find them using title. I've used the ID number to find the above image, therefore it is online. If your images were approved shortly before posting your question, I'll ask that you do another search in the morning to see if you are able to find them. For the above image I selected the following two sets of tag words that narrows the search to a small number of images:

"russia stone temple architecture old church cathedral orthodox tower sunrise (or sunset)"   or

"russia tree branch church temple"

If after searching with the above two sets of words, you still do not find the above image, please let us know, and also after checking in the morning, update this thread with the ID numbers of all the approved uploads you cannot find on the website.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adrian

Sorry about your experience. No it does not take that long to be visible on the website. On rear occasions it might take a day, otherwise its there the moment you receive the notification, or within an hour after. Please update this thread with all the ID numbers of images you cannot find using tag words.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find my image (248529092) with its top five keywords. When I enter: "bern night snow münster city" there are no search results. When I enter:"bern night snow city" there are 5 search results, but my image does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adriang,

Thank you for your response and for your patience. With the information you provided MatHayward​ would be in a better position to explain/resolve the issue of nonresponsive keywords. He will respond as soon as possible.

Best Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you indexed the file you indicated that you were adding the keywords in German. However, when I checked it I see you actually used English keywords. I have changed the language selection to English. Try again soon with the relevant keywords and you should find it.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

I just found out the same issue that BaltiKam had.

If I search my photo/video typing the name I won't find it, but if I search by tags (or file id) I can find it.

Is it normal not finding the clip by typing the name?

Thank you,

Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is normal. The title is not searchable. Only keywords.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply! I've switched it to English in the last couple of uploads. Since I access AdobeStock from a german speaking country it was automatically set..

Is it possible to unlock the language option for already uploaded fotos (or change them to English)? I realized that the uploaded fotos (100+) are pratically useless because they can't be found with the wrong language selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines