Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I do not understand what or what are the technical problems of this photograph

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand what or what are the technical problems of this photograph
In the return of ADOBE they only clarify technical problems but since they are not specific it is very difficult for me to understand what technical problems they refer to.
The same thing happens to me with other photographs that I have uploaded
I use Lightroom to transform from RAW to JPEG
I retouch as little as possible and cut as little as possible too
I suspect that since I use manual vintage optics, and it is common for them to generate more noise in the images, could that be the reason?
I appreciate you can help me
Greetings

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Thanks for sharing @Coco_Brown , hopefully we can offer some clarity for you.  When you look at your image at 100% magnification, you will notice a fair bit of noise, soft focus and chromatic aberration in the photo.  I would also say that your photo is underexposed.

DSC05911a.jpg

DSC05911b.jpg

The higher ISO is adding the noise, but you should be able to clean that up in post processing.  You're correct that minimal post processing is best, but more importantly processing your image to make it look natural, well l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing @Coco_Brown , hopefully we can offer some clarity for you.  When you look at your image at 100% magnification, you will notice a fair bit of noise, soft focus and chromatic aberration in the photo.  I would also say that your photo is underexposed.

DSC05911a.jpg

DSC05911b.jpg

The higher ISO is adding the noise, but you should be able to clean that up in post processing.  You're correct that minimal post processing is best, but more importantly processing your image to make it look natural, well lit and focused is required.  I am not sure if you can sharpen the bird enough whilst reducing the noise.  You should be able to get rid of the chromatic aberration (green and purple fringing) in Photoshop.  Also, if you lifted the shadows and adjusted the exposure it would help make the robin "pop" more in the photo.

In truth, I wouldn't spend a lot of time working on this photo because I find the stem across the body of the bird distracting.  However, it might be a good opportunity to experiment with some of the post processing techniques.

If you are new to stock photography, you may find some of these resources helpful:

I hope this information helps.  Best of luck in your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Rob R.
Several of the tips you mark, I assumed, but since I'm new to stock photography and I read that the less retouched the image is, the better... just like my teachers, who have always told me "leave as little as possible for retouch later in the edition"
The issue of chromatic aberrations is almost an "effect" of vintage lenses, sometimes they can be repaired but sometimes it becomes almost impossible.
The underexposure thing is true, I wanted to use low light, as at that time of day there was in the forest, trying to replicate that moment but I realize that it was not so well achieved
With respect to the composition, it is also true that the stem of the plant went from being an element to an obstacle.
Thank you very much for all the very good advice, I will keep it in mind to continue practicing, trying to improve day by day.
Greetings from Tigre, Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The foreground is underexposed. You need to brighten up the shadows. You can hardly see the bird!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Rick
It is true, I wanted to use low light, as there was at that time of day in the forest
I tried to replicate that moment but I realize that it was not so well achieved
Thank you very much for the answer, I will take that suggestion into account and I will continue practicing, trying to continue improving.
Greetings from Tigre, Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines