• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't know why my photos weren't accepted.

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two images attached are ones I uploaded recently and they were rejected, I'm quite new to this so it'd be great if you could just give it to me straight as to what's wrong, cheers.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Don't shoot with high ISO and f22. Your lens does not provide the required quality for this opening, and noise compensation will eat up anyhow all the details you will gain. Aim for ISO100 and the longest exposure you can offer handheld, if photographing handheld. The 2 subjects can be photographed using a tripod, which gives you more options for your settings.

Be sure that your lens focuses correctly. Both of your pictures are not sharp.

The first picture also exposes many artefacts because o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brandon H - Photography ,

You photos are under exposed. Avoid shooting directly in the sun. 

The first image has a lens flair

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1625063142856.png

Also details are lost in the shadows because it is too dark.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1625063209309.png

The second image is out of focus, has grain/noise, colors not smooth, and details are lost because of highlights.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1625063327127.png

Please zoom to between 100 and 200% to see issues.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't shoot with high ISO and f22. Your lens does not provide the required quality for this opening, and noise compensation will eat up anyhow all the details you will gain. Aim for ISO100 and the longest exposure you can offer handheld, if photographing handheld. The 2 subjects can be photographed using a tripod, which gives you more options for your settings.

Be sure that your lens focuses correctly. Both of your pictures are not sharp.

The first picture also exposes many artefacts because of the noise compensation. I first thought it was a phone picture. Aiming into the sun without filters is very challenging. Even when you get great pictures from time to time, most of the time you will struggle to correct defects.

Your second picture has a challenging light situation too, as parts are in direct sunlight and others are in shadow. If you have a reflector or flash to compensate for that would help you to get better shots. Reflectors can be any white and flat panel, it does not need to be something fancy to start with.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for the help I really appreciate it! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines