• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a great old photo of my German Shepherd. I scanned it in high res 1,200DPI.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

October 28-2020. I have a great old photo of "Major" our German Shepherd Dog. I scanned the photograph in high res 1,200DPI. I posted this pick on The Weather Network. The image received 24,535 Views. I uploaded this Pic on Adobe Stock and the image was rejected. I think ?? Maybe due to dust (noise) when scanned. Is there a way to clean up this Pic so that it would be accepted by Adobe Stock "Hope Someone" might offer a suggestion. I thought other German Shepherd Lovers might engoy the Photo. With My Thanks, Brad. 

[moderator changed the tag to "contributor critique"]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you could clean-up the dust and scratches and crop out the borders. But pictures like this also have that nice special grain that some try to reproduce digitally. But that grain makes it unsuitable for stock. In addition, you would need to correct the colour cast that is adding to the charming look, but again is not suitable for stock. A last problem is that the dog is not crisp sharp as we are now used to see in the digital age.  There is not much you can do to safe the picture for stock, but that does not diminish it's charm.

I have a bunch of my slide pictures scanned and published on flickr and they are doing very well. But I could not even think to publish them here, they would not oass the quality check.

Stock is not about art, it's about craft. Your pictures need to be clean and sharp, with very low noise, so that the buyer can use them for any purpose he wants, even for applying fancy filters to give the picture that nice vintage look of yours. 

Sorry about that, but I'm happy that I saw your nice picture. It deserves all the views it got.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at what your competition is doing in the same category. 

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=%22german%20shepherd%22

Major looks like a great dog!  However, Stock customers expect highest visual and technical quality for those million dollar print and digital commercials.  Unfortunately, the image is not suitable for Stock.  

Better luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to offer me a reply. Very Much Appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines