• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I know I know the answer but here's a last attempt... is it really not possible to change country?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a stock contributor and have an Adobe account. For no reason I can fathom my account is set up as United States rather than United Kindom. I have never paid for an Adobe plan and I am trying to buy the photography plan. I can't do this because I can't change my country. I used the help chat 3 times and they are dissapointingly unaware of what is going on. They kept sending me a link to the instructions on how to change your country and not the actual page where you do it. And the page they kept sending me to says I needed to contact them to change.

I realise that all I need to do is create another Adobe account with a different email address and buy the plan with that. It's not really that difficult but here I am asking one last time, is there really no option other than this? It really is BONKERS you can't change the country code. Especially when my stock account knows that I'm not in the US because I had to complete a tax form to stop losing money to US tax.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

On this page it says that the country code cannot be changed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Set up an Adobe ID. 

You’ll need to create an Adobe ID or use an existing Adobe ID to access the Contributor portal. When creating your ID, be sure to choose the correct country of residence because, once you do, you won’t be able to change it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this page it says that the country code cannot be changed:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Set up an Adobe ID. 

You’ll need to create an Adobe ID or use an existing Adobe ID to access the Contributor portal. When creating your ID, be sure to choose the correct country of residence because, once you do, you won’t be able to change it. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill. That is what I thought. It's crazy that it can't be changed but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the help chat 3 times and they are dissapointingly unaware of what is going on.

By @Chris West Photography

That is correct, as the Adobe customer care is what it says: customer care! You aren't a customer, you are a contributor.

I don't know why you would want to change the country, except if there are legal reasons for doing so. But if you want to get support on this from Adobe, you really need to contact contributor support: Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

But may be @MatHayward will jump-in and enlighten us about this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to change it because it was set up incorrectly in the first place. I am a contributor but I'm also trying to be a customer. I'm just going to have to create a second Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realise that all I need to do is create another Adobe account with a different email address and buy the plan with that.

When you enter your credit card data, you should be able to change your address for your customer account. I think, technically, contributor and customer account data are separated. If that does not work for you, you should effectively create a new account so that you are able to enter your credit card data. See here for this: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/change-country-associated-with-adobe-id.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I cannot change the country code and neither can the chat help people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I cannot change the country code and neither can the chat help people.

So, when you enter your credit card data, you can't change the country? That's weird because without changing the country you can't buy something with your credit card as the credit card and the country need to match. Check with stock contributor support (that's not chat)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. That is exactly my problem. The country dropdown defaults to United States and is greyed out so that I can't change it to United Kingdom. That is why I can't buy a subscription to the photography plan and that is why I am hear asking for a last ditch confirmation that really is the case and there is no way to change the country before I set up a second Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try contributor support as your last resort. Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

Contributor support will answer by mail. You need, however, to explain that if they can't set your country right, you can't buy an Adobe subscription. You need to check your spam, they are quite responsive and will probably answer your request during the next 24h (MO-FR).

This forum is user to user support. We can only advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I've just messaged them now.

Yeah I realise this is user to user but I figured there might be some help here one way or another. The Adobe support was obviously just reading from a script so I wasn't getting anywhere with them.

I appreciate the responses, thank you. And apologies if my messages have sounded a bit blunt. It's just frustration at this silly situation coming out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to see the crazy thing you can actually see it change the dropdown from UK to US and then not let me change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enter your credit card data and see if that changes the dropdown country code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah tried that to start with and it doesn't work unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, either contributor support can help or it's not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue and the same answers from Adobe despite I update the adress on the Adobe Stock Contributor portal and the IRS form.

Imposssible to buy the Photography plan except going thru their service and you will receive an invoice from the "previous" country where you was levaing in.

If you have to create an new account what about all you uploads on Adobe Stock? They will be deleted and it will take moth before you can upload them again to the new account?

You have alos to move all your Behance work as well... really not simple!

Adobe is able to make very nice and sophisticated algorith in their software but cannot update our country when you shift from one to an other? quite weird for me.

I am still in touch with ehir technical service... They will find a way for sure 🤞🏼

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I couldn't get it changed so I now have 2 Adobe accounts. One for my stock photo portfolio and one where I pay for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Are you still use 2 accounts? Or something changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So sad. I have written to the contributor support and waiting for an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines