• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm a beginner and my photo was rejected.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo was rejected due to quality, as I don't understand about the requirements for Adobe stock, I tried to follow the user guide and reduce the effects. Can I upload the photo again? Still not at the quality suggested by Adobe?

[moderator corrected HTML formatting error to make the post readable]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are poorly composed and underexposed with large out of focus elements in the foreground.

You should read and study ALL of the Help pages provided by Adobe Stock so that you understand the requirements before starting to upload images.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, I will be studying the help pages in more depth and I will take a course to better understand image composition and editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can watch a few youtube videos.

Secondly either go to a library or look for second hand books on composition, one fantastic book is the Joy of Photography and yes I have a copy and no it is not for sale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your rejected picture is highly underexposed, as can be seen on the histogram:

Abambo_0-1670522762186.png

There are no whites, nearly no highlight in the picture.

There is also very little structure with your flamingos. It looks like you used a small sensor camera and the camera software eliminated this structure with its noise reduction. The same phenomena can be seen at the floor.

The plants in the foreground show artefacts and chromatic aberration.

Abambo_1-1670529459520.png

Abambo_2-1670529537252.png

I doubt that the corrected version will pass. But generally spoken, you are allowed to resubmit after corrections. I doubt, however, that you can correct this picture as much as needed to pass.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, I used my cell phone's camera (note 10+), but from what I understand, the photos I took on it won't have a good enough quality. I've just been photographing on my cell phone for fun, your analysis allowed me to see this and my other photographs in a different way, I'm going to buy a better camera and study the subject so that my photos are qualified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure that buying a better camera, won't make you a better photographer.

Read about how to create better photos!

Composition is very, very, very important!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, I'm aware that buying a better camera won't make me a better photographer, so I'll study as well. Unfortunately, in my country equipment and courses are expensive, so at the moment I can't invest, but as soon as my economic situation improves I know it will be a great investment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me state this: phone pictures get accepted, but most phones have difficulties in suboptimal light situations. But phone cameras are great to get you learning photography. Try to get apps that let you set manually the parameters.

When you buy a camera, there are good used cameras on the market. Especially if you do not need the latest model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for your help and constructive criticism, it really changed my way of thinking about photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines