• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I photographed my drawing

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was rejected: I photographed my drawing and on photoshop I cleaned up the background - any suggestions?  Reason for rejected was a noise/grain problem - what should I do differently?

Blue Bird.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Hello finchin 4, This is a sweet drawing and yet I can see why the reviewer rejected it. The soft pastel treatment is so soft and delicate a touch the texture looks very like noise and grain. Customers are likely to make the same mistake. When you photograph a drawing it becomes removed from some of the clarity of the original rendering. Scanning at high resolution is usually better. In order for a client to use this in print projects, the value and beauty would be diminished and some staff arti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello finchin 4, This is a sweet drawing and yet I can see why the reviewer rejected it. The soft pastel treatment is so soft and delicate a touch the texture looks very like noise and grain. Customers are likely to make the same mistake. When you photograph a drawing it becomes removed from some of the clarity of the original rendering. Scanning at high resolution is usually better. In order for a client to use this in print projects, the value and beauty would be diminished and some staff artist might try to sharpen and colorize it to attract a more general market. Is there a purpose to such delicate strokes and colors? Here are a few hints on getting contributions accepted by Adobe. Best regards, JH

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ON THIS PAGE

Applies to: Stock Contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this was very helpful. I though it had to do more with

something to do with how I photographed it then the actual artwork.

I have another question if you could help me again. This drawing of my

birthday moose was accepted.

But this one of my cow painting was not because of "grain/noise". I don't

get what was OK with the moose but not OK with the cow. To me the quality

looks the same. I'm missing something. I want to submit more of my

drawings but would like to make corrections before I submit them - I've

only sent four to Adobe so far so I very new at this. Thank you very much

for your help.

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 12:09 PM joanh22203655 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must send your photos here so I can compare them. Use the icon in the box next to the arrow in a box to upload them. Click on it and it will open. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another question if you could help me again.  This drawing of my

birthday moose was accepted.

But this one of my cow painting was not because of "grain/noise".   I don't

get what was OK with the moose but not OK with the cow.   To me the quality

looks the same.  I'm missing something.  I want to submit more of my

drawings but would like to make corrections before I submit them - I've

only sent four to Adobe so far so I very new at this.  Thank you very much

for your help.

Moose with Candles on His Antlers - $.jpgCow with paint brush.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Finchin 4, Your drawings are so funny, I love them! The major difference is the Moose drawing has a hard outline - line around the entire drawing which makes it easier to select and copy and place in any drawing. Do something similar with your drawings and I think more will be accepted. Best regards. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you joanh for the input. I am working right now on some changes for

the bluebird (including making a more distinct outline). I would like to

post it to you when I have made all the changes so that I can make any

other changes before I resubmit it.

Thank you so much for your help - I very much appreciate it.

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 11:42 AM joanh22203655 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that the hard outline makes a difference, even that what joanh22203655​ says is true — easy selection — in the refusal.

For the bird, there are distinct problems with the drawing, wich make it unfit for stock. Specifically, there seams a problem with the paper, as it seams that it has served also for underlay for a different work:

D384EDA5-D8D6-4AF3-B1BB-F050C90D115B.jpeg

As for the cow, I have identified a part that could be seen as colour noise:

69E2B088-E145-466B-97FE-177F38744117.jpeg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, thank you for adding helpful information. I am certain she will fix the items you suggest too. I have had some of my drawings rejected for no strong lines defining objects. From her note, she has looked at the falts in textures of things too. Hope we hear from her with more successful submissions to Adobe. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These circled areas are very helpful.  For my bluebird drawing I have been repairing these particular particular areas using Photoshop.  The lines you circled are groves in the paper (I think I had the paper for the bluebird was under another piece of paper that I was drawing on causing the grooves that appear on the bluebird drawing- I won't do that again.).  But because the grooves are on the paper the only way I can repair the artwork is through Photoshop. 

So here is the bluebird after I think I fixed the problem.   Before I resubmit this artwork can anyone see any other problems? 

Blue Bird touched up for Adobe.jpg

For the nose on the cow I'll work on smoothing out the nose in Photoshop similar to what I did for the bluebird's wing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Finchin 4, The little bird is much improved. Finish work in Photoshop is much easier and the file is easy to save and send too. Try some variations of color and tone by going to curves and just play with it to see how it works. Also, it is time to read the contributor's guidelines offered by Adobe. Do visit the many pictures in Adobe Stock to get ideas of how to present top quality work. Regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for all your help!!!!

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 8:28 PM joanh22203655 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to improve youre pictures digitally. They are great without that but stock asks for perfection. Time given you will probably find that it is best to check and modify your pictures digitally before submitting. It’s any way a digital world.

Please let us know about your success (or subsequent failures...). Happy submitting.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Abambo,  I did digitally correct both my silly cow and blue bird drawing and have resubmitted them.  Now I wait for Adobe to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines