• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I see no technical issues whatsoever

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got this rejected over technical issues. I see no technical issue whatsoever. Shapr high resolution, colors look fine. The mood is dark, it is supposed to be?

"When we reject a file based on technical issues, we have identified technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which we call out specifically. "

It is clear, detailed, sharp. I have not been given a specific reason as stated on your support page. Colors are fine, composition strong.
I see absolutely no technical issue here. Besides color, composition, ect is subjective especially for illustrations. There might be a reason someone tilts the horizon. Just because someone at Adobe doesnt like it does not mean that customers wont either.collage-003.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello camw56987481, From a stock buyer's point of view, this picture content is far too specific for the buyer to use freely. Cutting out parts and saving others is more work than a buyer wants of any stock buy.

This appears to be something for selling a book or a new book cover. It is complete and very narrowly useful to the general stock market. Even if the complex composition were perfect, it is not likely to sell on Adobe Stock. One thing Adobe knows is its customers. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that may be but it was not rejected for that reason. It was rejected for technical reasons, which there are none.

Quite frankly the broad and not specific reasons for rejecting work is completely useless to a contributor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Perhaps the reviewer is new, Please study these information documents for Adobe stock providers.

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle Click/tap on each of the links to the left menu; read up on all the relevant topics, and reference links.

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

And watch this video by Matt. From Shoot to Sale: Part 1 | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi camw

I believe the technical issue has to do with the writing. As Joan said, it is too complete and do not afford flexibility. I would also want to believe the fading out of the head might also be an issue. Your images need to be flexible so that many buyers can use it for different unrelated projects. I'm not really an illustrator, so let's hear what Abambo​ and ricky336​ has to contribute on this subject.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacqueline, hi camw,

I’m not an Illustrator neither.

First: The illustration would be a great book cover. The use is quite limited, my company wouldn’t buy it. But I really love the idea behind.

If the Adobe moderator « does not like » the image, it would get a refusal because of commercial apeal. Also out of focus (the dagger) is not the refusal reason. That’s a distinctive one.

The writing may be a reason, but as it is part of a concept, I do not think that it would disturb anyone (well except my company... 🙂

I have, however, identified some hard (in the right sense of the word) reasons for a technical error refusal:

845FD764-CEE8-4407-8862-6EF043FBE4B9.jpeg

The hard shadow borders really are flaws that were indroduced by the artist, probably during a correction phase.

In addition, the dagger may be a problem as the dagger’s tip is not as clean as it could or should be.

If this is a layered Photoshop picture, I think the flaws are easy to correct and you may try a resubmit. Please note, that I did not extensively look at the picture, so there may be still different other flaws of this type contained in the image.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition, I have those elements catching my eye. They do not fit « into » the story:

06A61FA9-D58D-481A-BFA2-CD1418A9A379.jpeg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines