• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I took care about images since I was shooting, but it has been rejected

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create new images thinking in stock since I was shooting: special care using tripod, ligth and the process in Lr. But again some images was rejected. I can not see which technical issues are present in these.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Participant , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Your exposures are off in all of these images.  They are very dark with no middle range that would allow the view to see faces.  and midrange features in the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Viewing the Histogram alone would warrant a rejection with these photos.  Almost every photo is missing whites completely.  The information in a digital photo should span the entire length of the histogram.

-the toddlers hands are blurry.  I think the bright sand pulls the eyes away from the main subject here.  I liked this one the best.

-The others had dark foregrounds in my opinion.  This probably had to do with the harsh light conditions when the photographs were taken.  There were other

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

AdrianEC_Miam23-0088.jpg - shadowy areas are all underexposed. White Balance appears to be too blue, and they're a bit oversaturated. Did you do any editing on this image? It can probably be improved with minimal editing. You would need a model release for the man on the left.

2nd image - same comments as above.

AdrianEC_Miam23-0019.jpg - same as above, plus several sensor / lens spots are visible in the sky

4th image - same as no. 1 above.

5th image - babe is blurry, so this one can't be improv

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

I wouldn't try to fix these images for stock. The lighting conditions were too harsh. Strong shadows and highlights! Did you take these pictures in raw or JPEG?

I would move on and think about other images!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your exposures are off in all of these images.  They are very dark with no middle range that would allow the view to see faces.  and midrange features in the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the images need to be plain with no contrast and no one black point? I try to understand how it works against certain rules that are usefull in normal images (non stock) and art images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the pictures need to be correctly exposed.

Abambo_0-1683622303416.png

This is the histogram of the first one. Incidentally: it wouldn't also work as an art picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Viewing the Histogram alone would warrant a rejection with these photos.  Almost every photo is missing whites completely.  The information in a digital photo should span the entire length of the histogram.

-the toddlers hands are blurry.  I think the bright sand pulls the eyes away from the main subject here.  I liked this one the best.

-The others had dark foregrounds in my opinion.  This probably had to do with the harsh light conditions when the photographs were taken.  There were other smaller things like some light chromatic aberrations in the trees, and a few dust spots here and there.

I hope you have better luck with future submissions!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to upload silluetes with high contrast? or it is not posible in stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to upload silluetes with high contrast? or it is not posible in stock

By @AdrianEC

Yes, it's possible, if correctly exposed, sharp and well framed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdrianEC_Miam23-0088.jpg - shadowy areas are all underexposed. White Balance appears to be too blue, and they're a bit oversaturated. Did you do any editing on this image? It can probably be improved with minimal editing. You would need a model release for the man on the left.

2nd image - same comments as above.

AdrianEC_Miam23-0019.jpg - same as above, plus several sensor / lens spots are visible in the sky

4th image - same as no. 1 above.

5th image - babe is blurry, so this one can't be improved by editing. Of course, you'd need a model release for her as well.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About to increase the color saturation, I follow previous instructions about give mor emphasis on colors. About the editing, followin previous advises, I just apply contrast, color punch. But I will keep trying and taking advantage frome those images accepted.

Thank you for the comments.

Releasing by the model, I have doubt about that: I though that he is very far away to be recognizible: What is the better rule here and how to manage the involuntarious models as silluetes and long distance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The men in your 1st and 4th images are not a long distance away and are clearly recognizable. The rule of thumb is that if people can recognize themselves in your images, you need a model release. Read more about model releases here: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Releasing by the model, I have doubt about that: I though that he is very far away to be recognizible: What is the better rule here and how to manage the involuntarious models as silluetes and long distance?

By @AdrianEC

The tattoos in the second image are recognizable!
This person will recognize himself, if correctly exposed and focussed:

Abambo_0-1683622929350.png

The toddler probably needs also a model release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AdrianEC ,

The first photo has damaged pixels, underexposed, out of focus, saturated, noisy and has a white balance issue.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1683512773389.png

The second photo is as the first except it has color fringing on the edge of the palm.

The third photo is sharper then the previous two but is over saturated and grainy.

The fourth is as the first 2 files

The fifth is also grainy, over saturated, a little underexposed and has motion blur.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The images are underexposed! Why, you might ask as I used the camera's exposure meter. This is because there is a lot of reflection. The light is harsh, which creates strong shadows. The camera's light meter decided there is a lot of light and set the exposure accordingly. In this situation, you have to use the camera's exposure compensation to compensate for the light.

You used a telephoto lens as well, so you also need to make exposure adjustments. This can be done in post-processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without technical issues, you would need a model release for this lady:

Abambo_0-1683622633260.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for all your comments! I appreciate them. 
In a second view and refreshing the rules: These image need release because the tattoos. Even if the face is not recognizebly, the tattos could be unique and she could recognize herself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The tattoos here are quite prominent, and the lady and all those knowing her artwork on the back, will recognize her. And it's not something, you can easily edit out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is possible or accepted if I increase the contrast giving more shadows in the tattoos to make them unseen and unrecognizebly? like the example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is possible or accepted if I increase the contrast giving more shadows in the tattoos to make them unseen and unrecognizebly? like the example

By @AdrianEC

Everything is possible, and that would probably make the lady nearly unrecognizable. But the image is over processed, and you would add another layer to that. And the lady seems to be your focus point.

You could also edit the tattoos out. I doubt that this image passes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you color calibrate your computer display.  Poorly calibrated equipment can lead to unwanted results.

Apart from lack of sufficient light, you have over-saturated the colors.  Unfortunately, these are not suitable for commercial use.

Enroll in some photography courses to learn proper use and care of your equipment.  It's too much to cover in a user-to-user forum. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't try to fix these images for stock. The lighting conditions were too harsh. Strong shadows and highlights! Did you take these pictures in raw or JPEG?

I would move on and think about other images!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines