• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like a constructive opinion about these two photos =)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got these two photos rejected so I wanted to learn a bit more about the reason and maybe try to fix them or do better next time I take a photo. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Both of your photos suffer from lack of focus and a white balance issue (they are too blue.)  Take a look at your photo at 100% and it is clear the needles on the cactus lack focus.  I would also say there is a composition issue with the second photo with too much of the cactus on the right foreground taking up the photo and distracting from your main focal point.

IMG_5244-bell1.jpg

Take a read through some of these help resources Adobe provides:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of your photos suffer from lack of focus and a white balance issue (they are too blue.)  Take a look at your photo at 100% and it is clear the needles on the cactus lack focus.  I would also say there is a composition issue with the second photo with too much of the cactus on the right foreground taking up the photo and distracting from your main focal point.

IMG_5244-bell1.jpg

Take a read through some of these help resources Adobe provides:

Better luck on your next submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my ignorance but, would you tell me exactly which part of both photos do you see focused so I can make sure next time I'm doing it better? I really thought those two photos were really cool, at least for me, I found them really pretty. I would so love to improve in taking photos, thanks in advanced for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don't see very much in focus at all. Look at the detail posted. The needles at the left edge and top are close to being in focus. Be SURE you are checking at 100%, zooming out will conceal most technical faults.

Focus doesn't just happen; you have to plan it - pointing a camera and using auto focus is unlikely to work. That doesn't mean everything needs to be in focus, but you need to decide which part of the composition should be in hard focus, and which out of focus for contrast. You set the focal point and depth of field according to your artistic decisions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No part of either image is in sharp focus. The cactus needles, in particular, should look very sharp and crisp. Either your camera lens is not capable, or you moved the camera while shooting. It appears that you did not use a tripod; handheld images in low light will result in a slow shutter speed, during which it is impossible to hold your hand steady enough to ensure sharp focus.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really thought those two photos were really cool, at least for me, I found them really pretty. I would so love to improve in taking photos, thanks in advanced for your help!!

===========

@crisgf,

Adobe Stock is not Instagram where people post everything they shoot regardless of quality.  This is Stock Photography.  Customers come here expecting high quality images for commercial use on billboards, magazines, vidoes, T-shirts, mugs, etc... 

If you want to take good photographs, start with decent entry level equipment:  a 20+ megapixel DSLR camera (new or used), a solid tripod, good lenses, & and a cleaning kit.

Take some photography classes to learn how to use/care for your camera, manual settings and proper photo technique.  Join a photography club for feedback from fellow photographers.  Practice, practice, practice. 

Meanwhile, read these links.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @crisgf ,

Both photos are out of focus, have a blue color cast (white balance issue) and very noisy (both color and grain noise). All edge of your subject must be sharp so that creators can easily crop from it. If your subject is blur - partly or completely at 100% its not good focus. Therefore when the photo is zoomed at 100% the edges must be visible. Some creators zoom in even more to crop.

You will benefit a lot from the following guidelines. Be sure to read all the sub-links of each of the first 2 links.

Stock Contributor Learn & Support (adobe.com)

Tips for getting your stock photos accepted | Adobe Learn & Support tutorials

This other link basically summarizes the requirements for acceptable stock images.

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/income-requirements-and-payout.html

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines