• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If Adobe Stock accepts my photos, I know they are good.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love some suggestions on how to make these two photos better. They are just boring, and have technical issues as well. I'm going to shoot this location again in the near future. It is old equipment from a former lumbermill. Maybe I can get some people in there. Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @dawna49917269,

For stock, these are fine. Nice depth of field. The angle of the first shot might have caused a little softness at the extreme right, but I do not think you'd get a rejection for that. I do not find them boring. They should be accepted when you correct the white balance and resubmit. The frames have a blue cast.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1619032184921.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much--
Dawn

[Personal info removed as per forum guidelines.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @dawna49917269 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put yourself in the shoes of an Adobe Stock customer.  Would you buy this image?  What would you use it for commercially? 

Stock photography is 40% choosing the right subject.  You can have a drop-dead gorgeous, unique photograph that doesn't sell because the subject doesn't resonate with customers.  IMO, the hardest part about good Stock Photography is understanding trends and guessing what Stock customers will want before they want it.  See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is the best to decide what will not sell. If the review moderator believes a subject has no potential for sale, it will be rejected for lack of commercial appeal. Until then there is the potential for sale. You never know what will get sold. 

Best wishes

JG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @Nancy OShea said - 'commercial' is the key word. How commercially viable are they? The 6 million dollar question.

Adobe Stock is having images that are commercially viable! And for that to happen you need to sell lots. And that means having images customers want to buy. 

However, if selling say 3 images a month is no big deal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines