• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustration Out of Focus

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had a bunch of illustrations (seamless textures resembling marble) rejected for being out of focus. The same images are accepted on 11 other stock websites (everywhere I'm selling). It looks like the reviewer never looked closely at marble, because marble texture looks soft naturally due to the different depths of the impurities in it. Do you think I should just reupload and hope for a more experienced reviewer?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Hello, I too am an illustrator and have had my work accepted and rejected by Adobe Stock. I would like to see the work you asked about. Perhaps I can give you a more specific answer. Make sure you have looked at the work at least 100% magnification. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I too am an illustrator and have had my work accepted and rejected by Adobe Stock. I would like to see the work you asked about. Perhaps I can give you a more specific answer. Make sure you have looked at the work at least 100% magnification. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dreamframer, No I don't think you should re-upload without doing some form of correction. This might put you at risk for noncompliance. The moderators zoom photos for review. If the edges are considered soft when zoomed, it is considered out of focus. We would really like to see these photos to better advise you. We cannot see them except you upload them to the critique forum. Otherwise check the edges and try to do some corrections. Before you do so see how you can be helped with  Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success |. The tutorial on Correct lens distortions in Adobe Camera Raw should also be helpful.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I am a long time contributor (since 2008) and I know the process. We are talking about illustrations here, not photos. So, the rejection reason states that the illustration is out of focus. Marble often has soft features in it, because it's semi transparent. So, it's normal to look out of focus, but anyway, these textures are computer generated. So, the camera was not involved at all, just pure rendering. I'm selling on more than 10 websites, and not a single one of these textures was rejected elsewhere. Only Adobe Stock rejected them. I would like to mention that I used to be a reviewer at one of the major websites as well, so, I'm very familiar with the process.

I uploaded a small crop of one of those here. Please take a look. And, also take in consideration that natural marble has soft features at 100% zoom.

26629182-white-black-marble-seamless-texture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I refer your query to a staff member. I hope He'll be able to provide for you a satisfactory answer. There's a point to note. Adobe prefers color submission since the customer usually add the effect they prefer. There's vey little change that can be made to black and white, hence it limits you.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines