Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustration rejected for technical issues

Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My illustration was refused for technical issues. Can you help me so that I can improve myself please? 

6000 x 6000 px - 3,26 Mo - Jpeg

Tea girl.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Ok, you MUST NOT increase resolution in this way.  Adobe actually say this for cameras/photos: "Do not upsample your files; submit the maximum file size that your camera can produce." but the same applies for drawings. The reason Adobe want a large size is to keep quality and detail, but you cannot create detail where it did not exist. You must work at the final resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is certainly a technical problem. Look at this picture, which is at 100%, not zoomed to show pixels: 

Tea girl 2.jpg

You can see the text I added is sharp, but your drawing is not right. So, this is not reporting a problem with your drawing skills, but with how you made this 6000 x 6000 JPEG. Please describe the EXACT steps you took to take the design - in what app and version - and get a 6000 x 6000 JPEG. Please be very detailed, as it will be the details which cause the problem. Don't assume any part of what you do can be skipped over. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. I worked with a canvas of 2000 x 2000 px 72dpi and then at the end rise the resolution. My brush doesn't (spray brush) give me the effect I'm looking at 6000 px. As 2000 px is often enough, I use this size. But the weight of the document was too small, I rise the resolution of the image.  But  I did it in photoshop (the last version).

Thinking about this procedure, I just normal it did it. Sory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, you MUST NOT increase resolution in this way.  Adobe actually say this for cameras/photos: "Do not upsample your files; submit the maximum file size that your camera can produce." but the same applies for drawings. The reason Adobe want a large size is to keep quality and detail, but you cannot create detail where it did not exist. You must work at the final resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines