• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Accepted as Illustration but Rejected as Photo on Adobe Stock: Seeking Clarification

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recently encountered an issue with Adobe Stock and I’m hoping someone might be able to provide some insight. Initially, I uploaded an image and it was accepted. However, I realized that I had mistakenly categorized it as an ‘illustration’. To correct this, I deleted the image and re-uploaded it, this time categorizing it as a ‘photo’. Surprisingly, the image was rejected on this occasion. I can't see anything wrong in the photo. Teeth and fingers and everything should be ok.

I’m confused as to why this happened. The image was accepted the first time when it was categorized as an ‘illustration’, but rejected when categorized correctly as a ‘photo’. Can anyone explain how this is possible?

Thank you in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Thanks. Yes, it was a photorealistic AI image. It would be wonderful if the organisation tools in Adobe stock would improve so that you would not need to delete images you accidentally marked as illustrations etc.

By @NikoNikoNiko

They could allow to reclassify the asset (or even leave it to the users to reclassify assets). But to be honest, it's not of a decisive value to change between illustration and photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different reviewers.  You should never delete anything that gets approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you are right. Sadly, you cannot change the image type afterwards without deleting and re-uploading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interpretation between an illustration and a photo can be pretty vague at times. Can't say much more than that without actually the images. In any case, I think Illustration vs. Photo is one of the last things some moderators take into consideration, if at all. And, again, without seeing the image, there could be an issue with the image that the first moderator missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you tick the AI checkbox, even though you submitted under Photos file type?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have left it up. A few months ago, AI was REQUIRED to be labeled as Illustrations, not Photographs, even if it met the criteria for being photorealistic in appearance. When in doubt, I lean toward selecting Illustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, now I know better. So confusing to know how things should be labelled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me. If you labeled everything Illustrations, it wouldn't get you in trouble and there are more than a few photography contributors on here who would thank you. It wasn't well received by everyone when Adobe allowed AI to be labeled as Photographs. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having an asset accepted, deleting it and resubmitting it does not guarantee acceptance. That is wisdom that you learned now the hard way. Deep in these forums, you will find this as an answer to a user asking a similar question.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel you... You live you learn 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NikoNikoNiko ,

What was it refused for? 

Also, I am a bit confused. Is this a photo taken with a camera, or is it an AI generated image? I ask because I don't understand why there would be an issue with teeth and fingers as against the rest of a photograph. Issues with photos are usually more general.

Another thing, if you want help to find the issues, you will need to post it here. Do so as you submitted it to Adobe.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, it was a photorealistic AI image. It would be wonderful if the organisation tools in Adobe stock would improve so that you would not need to delete images you accidentally marked as illustrations etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unlikely that Adobe will provide any tools to allow us to alter important details on images after they're approved as that would allow Contributors to bypass moderation.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it would be nice if you could re-submit without the need to delete files. I think it would also be easier for moderators if they could see that some images had already been accepted previously. Don't you agree? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you resubmit without deleting the previous submission, you now have a duplicate and Adobe doesn't want that...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you think of the current system, but I believe that it's just a matter of good UX design on how these things could be handled on these platforms. Think about having a checkbox that says "resubmit," and the system would automatically put your asset on hold until it has been checked and re-categorization approved. As a designer, I think all the time about how things could be improved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, people leave their images in the wrong category just because resubmission is a risk. I believe this makes Adobe Stock messier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh there's definitely room for improvement . But remember that we Contributors are suppliers, not customers, so Adobe is much more likely to invest their resources on the customer side of this business. Nevertheless, they have made significant changes in the past 1-1/2 years, primarily to address the challenges created by the massive influx of AI assets.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we are B2B customers 😉 and they are making decent money out of our contributions. Without contributors, there would not be this platform. I also believe that a well-organized system is something that Adobe Stock customers are looking for. The more accurate the results they get with their searches, the more satisfied they are. But I understand your point that the power lies with those who have paying customers, and in that sense, we cannot do anything except if we find customers ourselves directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In every company at which I've worked, we definitely invested many more resources in customer service and support rather than vendor support! It's just the way it works in business...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, and I sense that neoliberal culture has led to these power dynamics. But I still feel that it's strange to consider creative people who produce innovative outcomes, sometimes even artworks, merely as vendors. I believe this perspective doesn't give them enough credit. Perhaps in the realm of AI, there's a tendency to adopt more of a vendor's attitude. Nonetheless, I firmly believe that anyone creating images is some sort of artist and deserves more respect. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's not go into politics -that's not the purpose of this forum!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely, you're right, Jill. Let's stay focused on the forum's purpose. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away when discussing important topics like these. So, no need to worry, just a friendly and enthusiastic exchange! 😄 Sorry if I made you mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not mad 🙂 As a fellow Contributor, I'm also frustrated at the lack of tools available to us to manage our content, but I understand that Adobe prioritizes the Buyer experience rather than the Contributor, so we just have to deal with it !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines