• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image rejected for technical issues

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am keen to learn from anyone why you think the attached image has been rejected for technical reasons (the watermark has been removed before submission). Thanks all for your feedback!ManhattanJapan.jpg 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, in getting rather used to Adobe's colour preference, I would say the problem here is white balance. It is a bit yellow, has a yellow cast. Perhaps this was intentional, but probably for Adobe's criteria, it is rather on the yellow side - it's too warm. I would suggest correcting this.

This splurge is from Adobe:

Image Quality

If we determine your file to have technical issues other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which we call out specifically or if the file is determined to not meet our overall quality standards the "Image Quality" rejection reason is selected by moderation.  

Photography and video technical issues include but aren’t limited to

White balance: The white balance may be too warm or too cool.

Note:

When you shoot in raw formats, you have great flexibility to adjust the white balance in your post-processing workflows.

Contrast: There may be too much or not enough contrast.

Saturation: Oversaturation may give your file an unnatural look, but under-saturated or spot color can also result in technical decline.

Note:

You may want to try the Vibrance slider instead of Saturation in Lightroom.

Selections: Editing must be done inconspicuously. Selecting objects out of their backgrounds (or masking) to composite into new images requires time, patience, and care. Do not submit images that have been poorly selected or look like they are not a natural part of the scene.

Chromatic aberration: Refers to color fringing around objects in the image.

General composition: Is your horizon straight? Have you cropped the image too much? Consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vincent,

I believe the issue has to do with the composition; the red bit in the forefront and the side skyscraper. I believe it would have been better taken from a different angle so that both buildings appear to be coming from earth, and probebly stepping away so that the red piece does not overpower the rest of the image.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines