Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image rejected for technical reasons

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Could someone give me some reasons for this being rejected on technical grounds. Could it be the name on the back of the shirt or is it for other reasons. Thank you for your answersbrotherskian.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

@tonyk52528849 the technical issues I see is that the photo is underexposed and a bit noisy.  Both can be fixed in post processing.  You will also need to remove the white border at the bottom of the image.  While you're editing, I would also get rid of the foot in the bottom left corner.  🙂

@Test Screen Name may be right about the name making the child identifiable.  If they are your kids, then go ahead and create a model release for them.  If they weren't your kids, and releases aren't easi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

The name must be removed. Also, the photo is noisy, the shadows are underexposed and the depth of field is too shallow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Hi @tonyk52528849

The photo is not completely in focus, noisy and underexposed in the shadows. There is also a halo around the edge of the child at the right.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1657243482149.png

Halo around the hand.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1657243545119.png

Not very sharp and the chromatic noise in the hair.

I hope this helped

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not rejected for the name. But if you fixed the technical issues, it will surely be rejected for the name. Adobe just use the first reason they see. You will also need a model release, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comments which I will take on board

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will also need a model release, I think.

By @Test Screen Name

You probably don't need a model release, but sometimes moderators have different ideas.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tonyk52528849 the technical issues I see is that the photo is underexposed and a bit noisy.  Both can be fixed in post processing.  You will also need to remove the white border at the bottom of the image.  While you're editing, I would also get rid of the foot in the bottom left corner.  🙂

@Test Screen Name may be right about the name making the child identifiable.  If they are your kids, then go ahead and create a model release for them.  If they weren't your kids, and releases aren't easily attainable now, then definitely remove the name from the shirt. 

Best wishes on your edits and resubmission.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your very helpful comments. Very much appreciate you taking the time  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are your kids, then go ahead and create a model release for them.  If they weren't your kids, and releases aren't easily attainable now, then definitely remove the name from the shirt. 

Best wishes on your edits and resubmission.

By @reedesign1912

The name needs to go, even if it would be “ABCD”. With or without model release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name must be removed. Also, the photo is noisy, the shadows are underexposed and the depth of field is too shallow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your helpful comments I will fix the the issues youve raised

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tonyk52528849

The photo is not completely in focus, noisy and underexposed in the shadows. There is also a halo around the edge of the child at the right.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1657243482149.png

Halo around the hand.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1657243545119.png

Not very sharp and the chromatic noise in the hair.

I hope this helped

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacquelin

Thank you for your comments They are very helpful indeed. I appreciate your time thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The focus should be indeed on both children and not on the grass before the children. The white border at the bottom is a non conformity.

The name looks like being photoshopped on a different name. Besides that the name would be a refusal reason (IP refusal), the bad photoshopping did earn you the technical issues, if it wasn't for the other defects that the colleagues pointed out.

Abambo_0-1657315280519.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @tonyk52528849 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines