• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image rejected on technical grounds

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

내 사진은 기술적인 이유로 거부되었습니다. 경험이 많은 사람이 무엇이 잘못되었는지 설명할 수 있습니까?

IMGP6395.jpg

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @OTONASIKAJE , the two issues that pop out to me are:

• The dust and hairs showing in the black background (they aren't very appealing when photographing food)
  • The overexposed highlights / light reflections in the strawberry itself.

It's important to review your photos at 100%-200% magnification to see any issues / imperfections. 

IMGP6395a.jpgIMGP6395b.jpg

I'm not sure how many of the spots were on your background material or some may be dust on your lens or sensor.

I hope this helps.  Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I'll fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture is underexposed.

Abambo_0-1649779674288.png

You can use the histogram to check this. You see here that there are many blacks (because of the background), but you see also that there is only little information in the middle part (exposure) and no data with the whites. The lighting is uneven, so even that highlights can be nice, the rest of the subject needs to be correctly exposed, and the highlights should not be dominant.

And effectively, a dark background needs a lot of attention. I normally clean the background extensively before taking the picture. And then afterwards I still need to clean up digitally dust that manifested during the shoot.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't care about the histogram Thanks to you, I learned a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. The histogram is a powerful tool for seeing exposure problems. But most people ignore it because they do not understand what it measures and shows.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines