• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Rejected

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm new here, totally a beginner, I have uploaded a few photos, mostly were accepted and I'm truly happy with that for my first time, however I would to have some input about this one that was rejected due to technical issues. 

I'm looking forward to learn so I would appreciate any feedback on what is wrong in this photo so I can do better next time... or even making this one better if still possible. 

thanks in advanced for the help

3.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

It's severely underexposed to the point where there is no discernible detail in a good portion of the image; it also has a white balance issue (too blue), and is out of focus. I zoomed in and scrolled around in the image and couldn't actually find anything in focus. Shooting at f4.5 is not advisable for a landscape image. You can find some helpful info here:
https://digital-photography-school.com/5-tips-for-setting-the-focus-in-your-landscape-photography/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's severely underexposed to the point where there is no discernible detail in a good portion of the image; it also has a white balance issue (too blue), and is out of focus. I zoomed in and scrolled around in the image and couldn't actually find anything in focus. Shooting at f4.5 is not advisable for a landscape image. You can find some helpful info here:
https://digital-photography-school.com/5-tips-for-setting-the-focus-in-your-landscape-photography/

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill... much to learn I have... and many thanks for the big input... I try to remember all this details... when shooting and editing... 

thanks a lot for the good feedback will work on this... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proper lighting is essential in photography.  This is too dark. And there's not much color information.  I'm not saying this can't be improved, but it will be challenging. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thanks a lot, in fact to do tend to like darker images, like a lot the dark, gritty and cinematic tones, this was my try to get womewher there, but clearly didn't... 🙂 I will keep this in mind to not overdo things... 

Thanks... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "dark, gritty and cinematic tones" don't adhere to Adobe Stock guidelines for subtle, realistic processing:

"Do: Process your images subtly — clean color images that are in focus sell well."

By all means, process an image for your own use with whatever enhancements please you, but create a clean, realistic version for submission to Adobe.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Look at the histogram:

Histogram.png

It shows the image is too dark.

Read these to learn more about histograms:

The Histogram Explained: How to Read a Histogram & What it Means (colesclassroom.com)

and

Histogram in photography | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky,

Thanks a lot this will surely will help me to learn more... 

🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the other answers, I feel the orange is over saturated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines