Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

image rejection question

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any thoughts as to why this was rejected?

Will

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

What was the reason Adobe gave you?  Technical Issues/Quality?  Intellectual Property?  I'm guessing Technical Issues

The lighting in this photo caused some noticeable shadows and bright spots that I think detract from the photo.  At 100% view there is also noticeable noise and some artifacts around the seams of the wrapping paper.

At the bottom of the image, it appears like the small square is reflected?  But it also looks like half of the box is left out of the frame and I think this also

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the reason Adobe gave you?  Technical Issues/Quality?  Intellectual Property?  I'm guessing Technical Issues

The lighting in this photo caused some noticeable shadows and bright spots that I think detract from the photo.  At 100% view there is also noticeable noise and some artifacts around the seams of the wrapping paper.

At the bottom of the image, it appears like the small square is reflected?  But it also looks like half of the box is left out of the frame and I think this also added to the rejection.

I hope you have better luck with future submissions 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It was 'technical' so what you said makes sense. The image was an editorial for the New York Times so maybe not up to Adobe Stock specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shiny foil surfaces are very challenging.  Sometimes they work, often they don't.

Also I'm not a big fan of tightly clipped images.  IMO, customers are more likely to buy something when the composition is pleasing to the eye and they have more image to work with.  

Better luck next time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree often enough they don't work. This was an image for theNew York Time magazine so probably not of the calber needed for Adobe Stock. Thanks for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The composition is odd; the background is indeciperhable with distracting highlights and shadow. The shadowed end of the large box has digital noise, idnicating that the lighting was inadequate or the ISO was too high.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. This was an old image commisioned for the New York Times magazine so it makes sense it is not in the same world as Adobe stock where there are rigid image requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing in this image shocks me terribly. Even the narrow crop is quite pleasant. Customers choose assets on the cropping, so it makes sense to include narrowly cropped assets and more generously cropped assets so that the customer can make their selection. The picture contains however a lot of noise for a 100ISO picture.

I also see some areas in the picture, where I would suspect quick and dirty clone stamping.

Abambo_0-1670332781200.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noise, focus and overexposed highlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines