Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image scaling with Adobe express

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I will be concise with my question: is the result of scaling a generative image with AI (1456 x 816, for example) x4 times using Adobe express valid to be accepted by Adobe stock reviewers?

Thanks in advance

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule regarding the optimum upscaling ratio; it is entirely dependent on the content of the image. You need to zoom in >100% and inspect every aspect of the image to determine whether the upscaling has added or exaggerated any artifacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the quality of the scaling, but 4x is a lot. You need to check with your assets if they are of good quality before and after the scaling. Any good quality assets will get accepted, in terms of quality.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is any hard and fast rule regarding the optimum upscaling ratio; it is entirely dependent on the content of the image. You need to zoom in >100% and inspect every aspect of the image to determine whether the upscaling has added or exaggerated any artifacts.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or exaggerated any artifacts.

By @Jill_C

Any artefact will get scaled too. That is a “built-in feature” of scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about Adobe Express.  I would use Photoshop or Lightroom.  Most AI artists use the upscaler Gigapixel AI.

https://www.topazlabs.com/gigapixel

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I've checked out Gigapixel. The feedback is that the result is fantastic compared to Photoshop or Lightroom, which "invent" the megapixels to fit the image, which obviously won't have the same detail.
Another way is to scale x2 or x4 directly when generating the AI image, in my case, with Midjourney. This way, the quality is native, let's say. But this way, it consumes more time in the monthly plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But this way, it consumes more time in the monthly plan.

By @Adrian RT

You need to decide what is best for your assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines