Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images rejected due to issues

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Posted some images that wese rejected due to technical issues. I will admit that im not the greatest at editing photos, from what i could tell they had too much noise but i'm not a proffesional so any feedback would be great! Thanks

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Dark. Way too dark. You have to suggest darkness, not just have everything almost black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dark. Way too dark. You have to suggest darkness, not just have everything almost black. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing your images, look at the histogram which, in the case of the 3rd image, shows that all of the data is to the left, signifying that there are almost no bright colors or whites in the image at all.

Jill_C_0-1645485479797.png

After just a few sliders in Lightroom Classic you can see the colors and light emerge in the image, but that required increasing the exposure by nearly 2.5 stops.

Jill_C_1-1645485576613.png

But shifting the exposure by 2.5 stops revealed a ton of color noise in the trees, which would also be grounds for a technical issue rejection. That can also be improved in Lightroom, but then it reveals that the focus on the trees is soft.
You should perhaps study your camera settings to determine why these images are so severely underexposed. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that makes sense thanks. Usually they aren't as underexposed but it was a rainy day and obviously i was in a forest so i shouldve tweaked my settings a bit more. I'm always afraid of turning up the ISO too high out of fear of noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time you're in the forest, use a tripod; you can then have a slow shutter speed and low ISO. You could also try bracketing your exposures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The importance of light in photography.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/hub/guides/understanding-light-and-shadow-photograph...

While you're learning, try to shoot pictures during midday when the sun is directly overhead or just behind your shoulder.  DO NOT shoot directly at the sun.  DO NOT attempt to shoot pictures at night or in low light conditions. You won't get good results until you have more experience and proper equipment.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Filip Koczewski,

All of your photos are underexposed and too much of the first and second photos are out of focus.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not seeing theese photos as too dark, try calibrating your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines