• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images rejected for Intellectual Property [edited by moderator for clarity]

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created images of NFT and they all got rejected due to IP.

Yet there are files on the site that are selling. I reached out to the Adobe team but they said they have no control and asked me to post the question here.

My file has the same keywords as every other NFT file on sale. Can someone please let me know why mine got rejected? Examples: https://stock.adobe.com/ca/search?load_type=search&native_visual_search=&similar_content_id=&is_rece...

Capture.JPG

Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Nope you are wrong, no need for release whatsoever. My files got cleared by Adobe because I was adamant. Had I gone ahead and followed the incorrect advice to created a release, it would still not be published. Sure worst case is failure, but what about my time spent on creating the images? It makes absolutely ZERO sense to sign for a release for digital artwork that I created. I've never used a release ever with Adobe or any other stock sites (which approved the same images).

Just because someon

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the image, we cannot comment on it specifically.  Intellectual Property usually means your image contains logos, trademarks, designs or brands that are owned by someone other than you and/or you failed to submit a signed IP release with your original artwork. See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, here is a sample of what I sumbitted. There is no way the letters NFT are trademarked. It's like saying I cannot use the letters 5G or AI. NFT is just an acronym.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NFT is not IP protected but original artwork is.  Did you submit an IP release with your artwork?  Adobe cannot accept it until you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all created by me, I still don't understand how I need to provide a release. All my other files that I have successfully published do not have a release. I'm the original creator: Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photography is not the same as digital art.  Digital art is like a drawing or painting.  Adobe reviewers have no way of knowing whether you are the artist or not.  The path of least of resistance is to stop fighting it and submit an IP release.  Or don't.  The choice is yours.  Adobe will not change their policies.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've over 600 digitally created artwork just like this one. Never once did I submit an IP release. 

I'm not trying to fight anything, I just want to know why my images were rejected as it clearly said "appear to be protected by intellectual property (IP) laws". What part of the image is protected by IP law? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also note that you cannot use other work to prove yours should be accepted.

1. The rules change from time to time.

2. IP needs a release; perhaps there was a release included with the other photos.

3. Perhaps moderators made a mistake. Perhaps in the other case, perhaps in yours. There is no appeal.

4. Adobe do not commit to be fair to their suppliers, only to honour the terms of their contract. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how the letters NFT are IP protected. It's like saying 4G, 5G, AI, they are just acronyms. There are over 2700 files under the NFT term, so I'm safe to assume that people are uploading this as we speak. 

If the mod made I mistake and there is no appeal, what do I do? Resubmit to see if I'm lucky to get another mod to review?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A release is needed in all cases like this.

Is this a design made by someone else of an object or picture with these letters? If so, that someone else needs to sign a release.

Is this a mock up you have made, in reality or the computer, to look like an NFT, entirely using your own crafting skills? If so, the IP owner needs to provide a release - that is,  YOU need to provide a release certifying it is your creation (not just your photo).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow I'm more confused than ever.

This is completely created by me, like many others that I have successfully submitted and published. I don't understand why this needs an IP release. IP release from who? I created this file.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is discussed specifically in the Adobe Stock Contributor info for IP releases. The confusing part is you must sign as "artist" (i.e. photographer) and "owner" (creator of the work). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have over 600 digitally created artwork just like this one. Never signed a release. Why now and why this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Adobe staff member, @MatHayward,  can explain it to you. 

I've said I all I have to say.

Goodbye & good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two remarks: 

1. Why not simply trying to resubmit one with a property release. There is no harm done with this. 
  2. Did you look into your keywords that none of those does violate IP?
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Because it says "it contains elements that appear to be protected by IP laws". How can I get a release from something that is an acroym? Who am I going to get to sign the release? It's like saying get a release for 5G. There is no such thing.

2. Yes, I'm using the exact title and keywords from other published files. 

I know we're not supposed to compare other people's published work, but there are more than 2700 files just like this, they are not editoral, has the same terms as I do.

https://stock.adobe.com/ca/images/nft-non-fungible-tokenscrypto-art-against-colorful-abstract-backgr...

Anyways, seems like no one is able to know exactly why nor will Adobe tell me why it is not accepted (when clearly they've accepted over 2700 of the same material).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Who am I going to get to sign the release?" I told you. YOU are. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is the creator of the artwork? Let sign him as @Test Screen Name told you at the very beginning. It's not NFT, it's the artwork. 

This is a user to user forum. Some of Adobe staff is participating (like Mat) but generally they let users work it out. And instead of refusing advice, you should follow advice. 

And let me say you something other: My carear long, helping people here, has learned me not to trust the affirmations of the users. Not that anyone is lying or misleading us on purpose. But most of the time, people don't get it. Look again into your keywords, as you did not publish them here, even that you answered me so.

And do what we suggest, even if you do not think that is the solution. Worst case is failure. So what?

@Test Screen Name is Legend and you don't get to this point without being exceptional. Just do it!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope you are wrong, no need for release whatsoever. My files got cleared by Adobe because I was adamant. Had I gone ahead and followed the incorrect advice to created a release, it would still not be published. Sure worst case is failure, but what about my time spent on creating the images? It makes absolutely ZERO sense to sign for a release for digital artwork that I created. I've never used a release ever with Adobe or any other stock sites (which approved the same images).

Just because someone has been here a long time doesn't mean more authority. As I already mentioned, I used the EXACT title and keywords as other published work.

Here is the resolution from Adobe, it was a mistake on their end:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jacky.mkleung@gmail.com,

I am glad Adobe was able to resolve the issue for you. 

As fellow product users & contributors, we do what we can.  But we have no "crystal ball" insights into what Adobe reviewers may be thinking other than what we know from our personal experiences. 

Also due to language differences, what you mean by NFT could be inferred to mean something quite different from what we understand NFT to mean.  Usually, NFT assets are encrypted with blockchain data aka crypto currency.   I suspect that's at the heart of the original confusion.  You're not actually submitting NFTs.  You're actually submitting ordinary JPGs. 

In any case, this discussion is locked now as it has been satisfactorily resolved.

Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines