Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images rejected - tech issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,  

May I ask for your critical feedback on my 4 pictures that were rejected for technical issues...? 

I'm so excited to be here in a first place and I'm happy to learn and improve my work. 

Many thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

You come here with a good attitude - you want to learn and improve !  

The first image is not sharply focused. Getting moving birds in sharp focus requires a high shutter speed and steady hand.

The second image is also not sharply focused. Zoom in to at least 100% and you'll see the issue. It's also over-saturated; that shade of pink looks quite unnatural.

The third image also has a focus problem, under-exposed in the shadows, chromatic aberration along the edge of some clouds and leaves, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You come here with a good attitude - you want to learn and improve !  

The first image is not sharply focused. Getting moving birds in sharp focus requires a high shutter speed and steady hand.

The second image is also not sharply focused. Zoom in to at least 100% and you'll see the issue. It's also over-saturated; that shade of pink looks quite unnatural.

The third image also has a focus problem, under-exposed in the shadows, chromatic aberration along the edge of some clouds and leaves, and the verticals need to be straightened.

The fourth image is quite over-processed, under-exposed, DOF is too shallow, and horizon is leaning.

They are all interesting subjects, however, and if you can nail the focus in-camera and employ some more subtle post-processing skills they could all be saleable.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the information, also much appreciate detailed explanation. It's good to hear from a professional and to know what I am doing wrong so I can pay attention in the future. I got other photos accepted which is great. 

I'll keep learning and improving, that's why we are all here I guess to learn from each other.

Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Davor_V ,

Just to add: all the files post here are over-saturated and the fourth file also has a white balance issue. It carries a blue cast.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your comment, I've learned few things today! 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines