• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inappropriate photo series

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to report a photo or photo series for being inappropriate or offensive? I was searching for a photo of a mammogram today and came across this image. Beyond the obvious issue of this being a sexually charged photo, as someone that has worked in the child abuse field and currently works in a public health field, this photo is clearly suggestive and also innacurate to what an actual mammogram would look like. Mammograms are suggested for women over 40, which this young girl clearly is not, and would require a patient to wear a hospital gown, never to be top less and in short-shorts. My concern comes from the sexual nature of this photo but also if this were to be used to promote cancer prevention, it could trigger young women and deter those that may need a mammogram from getting one. It is not ok to sexualize medical procedures and there are several photos in this series that are not only innapropriate, but also innacurate to what that interaciton would actually look like (ie, toppless with short-shorts rather than in a medical gown).

How should I proceed in reporting this photo and the collection it belongs to?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like to make a few comments on the series referred to.  I am a breast cancer survivor in my senior years.  While undergoing treatment in my group there was a 21 year old, two or three in their early 30's and a male as well as the more accepted age range for breast cancer so age is no guarantee.  Having had more mammograms than I can count as a result of my condition, not one has been performed in a medical gown - basically it's strip to the waist as a gown would interfere with the procedure.  While those photos may not be typical as most would be done on women of my age, it is not incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe about your search results. We are continually auditing, evaluating and improving our collection to serve our customers’ needs and we appreciate you bringing these search results to our attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines