• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INTELECTUAL PROPERTY

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon me, but I don´t understand why cities, streets, and cityscapes, in general, are intellectual property. St has declined many many photos of this type.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Pardon me, but I don't understand why cities, streets, and cityscapes, in general, are intellectual property.

They arn't, but you may have elements in the picture that are. Logos for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

The answer sounds clear. "The posters in this photo are from the city authorities inviting everybody to the events" Posters are intellectual property, and will remain so for about 100 years. How to handle posters and promotion is covered in one of the links I posted. Alternatively, you can get a release from the civic authorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon me, but I don't understand why cities, streets, and cityscapes, in general, are intellectual property.

They arn't, but you may have elements in the picture that are. Logos for example.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I know that I have to avoid that. But I will recheck, where should I send them...just upload them again? I don´t think that´s a solution but I will recheck. Thanks!

Que Dios te Bendiga a ti y a toda tu familia,

Atentamente,

Tu amigo,

Jorge Dorantes

[moderator deleted e-mail signature]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may resubmit after correcting whatever has been disturbing the image moderator. Sometimes they are very small details.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many buildings are protected, so some cityscapes are protected too. Laws vary around the world. Read Adobe’s detailed guidelines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing messages that suggest it can't be the cityscapes. But Adobe say the exact opposite. Start here https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html  then for details see https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html . You need to learn this stuff, for example before going to Paris you should know that the Eiffel Tower is permitted in daytime shots, but not night shots. You need to know that many buildings are copyright, but that cityscapes where they are not the main focus may be permitted. And so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, really for your indications. My "problem" is that my town is more than 500  years old. In the city is prohibited to build anything new. But that¨s precisely the beauty. 3 stories are the maximum allowed in the outskirts, etc, etc. and downtown now has basically hotels, restaurants, and stores under very strict rules and is also protected by UNESCO, but anyway I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENT AND I WILL FOLLOW IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still unclear, I suggest you share a couple of pictures, so that we can suggest what it was that made Adobe reject it. Be sure to mention again the rejection status for each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSCF0876.JPG 

The posters in this photo are from the city authorities inviting everybody to the events for Dec. 2019

The building is part of the main square of the town. The ornaments were for the holidays.

Could you tell me how am I violating intellectual property,

Thanks,

Jorge Dorantes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jdg,

Please upload a copy of the photo to this thread using the uploader icon on the menu bar of the text box you type your post in. That would be the 11th icon from the left, and 4th from the right. Hover your mouse over it and you'll see "Insert Photo". The JPG link you include in the text is not working.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jdg,

If your cityscape, streets, and cities do have logos, business signs/names, or people carrying articles, or waring articles that are intellectually protected, you will need to remove same before resubmitting. If there are recognizable people, you also need model release. Never resubmit a work without making the corrections highlighted in a rejection notice. That will earn you non-compliant rejection that can lead to cancelled account.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer sounds clear. "The posters in this photo are from the city authorities inviting everybody to the events" Posters are intellectual property, and will remain so for about 100 years. How to handle posters and promotion is covered in one of the links I posted. Alternatively, you can get a release from the civic authorities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CRYSTAL CLEAR 

Thanks,

Jorge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines