Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual Property Question

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I would like to know why this image was rejected since there are plenty of images from the same museum available on Adobe Stock.

Thank you

Robert

Hi

MuseumofHistory.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Sorry, I took your « thank you Robert » as the end of the message as it coincides with the length of what gets shown initialy.

The picture is a great one, but shows modern architecture and that violates the Architects (c). If there are other pictures of that building in the stock database, they will be taken out if detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have forgotten to post the picture. That one image got approved on a specific subject does not guarantee that your image gets approved. One reason may be that the rules changed in between.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture is there, I can see it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I took your « thank you Robert » as the end of the message as it coincides with the length of what gets shown initialy.

The picture is a great one, but shows modern architecture and that violates the Architects (c). If there are other pictures of that building in the stock database, they will be taken out if detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abamdo. This answers my question. Newer architecture is not allowed but older ones such as the Canadian Parliament I assume would be accepted.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same rules apply as for copyrighted art.

The Eifel tower itself for example would be no problem. It’s a lightning that is copyrighted.

There is also a difference if the building is protected by special law as some are.

These guidelines will help you: Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The exceptions  are images that are limited to "Editorial Use Only" license.  Adobe Stock obtain their EUOs from trusted partners and news agencies.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms#editorialUse

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... there are plenty of images from the same museum available on Adobe Stock."

I can only see two ..? But yours is much better. Maybe the ones at AS are from the old Fotolia days. AS is much more restrictive with property rights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or, maybe the pictures you saw just followed the rules and did include a property release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines