Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

intellectual property question

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USS Iowa - Los Angeles California.jpg

This was rejected for intellectual property.

Although I haven’t found the Iowa on any list, if it's protected I don’t want to waste anyone’s time resubmitting it.

However if the problem is just a trademark issue with the signage behind the blue tent it’s easily fixed.  Does anybody know?

And yes (before somebody points it out) I would take care of that reflection in the lower right before resubmitting it if I did.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy54108131, You sound as though you know a bit about preparing photos for Adobe Stock. The trademark and property releases are many and vary from place to place. No can know all of those rules and laws but one can check out regulations and take out any questionable items in the photographs. Adobe is an international company so must comply with the laws. It is up to the photographer to attend to making the stock contributions marketable. Yep, this means fixing anything that might cause a legal problem for yourself and the Adobe Company. Here are a few places to look at the things discussed here. Best regards, JH

Here are some links you can benefit from:

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle  Read up on all the links especially the "Stock Contributor User Guide"

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle Click/tap on each of the links to the left menu; read up on all the relevant topics, and reference links.

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi timothy

On about the second or third floor there are some prints that needs to be removed. I'm not sure what the E higher up is for. I suggest you remove it. Usually in cases like these I just try to clean all prints; just to be on the safe side. In my opinion, cleaning all prints helps to make your image more marketable. The stop sign can remain however,

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

us navy seahawk helicopter small.jpg

This one was also rejected for Intellectual Property, I think I'll just refrane from anything from the US military.

The markings on the ship are the awords and citations it recived during it's 19 years of deployments, but This Seahawk has no markings other than the normal Navy identifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my view it is because it is military - not because of the markings in this case. (I would be surprised if it wasn't.) So, I would think that anything military, no matter which country, would be protected - as it should! Therefore I wouldn't bother submitting anything military. Remember, this is to be used for commercial use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi timothy,

Whatever property you upload for commercial purpose must not be easily identifiable, otherwise, you require property release, or for editorial use only. Since adobe do not accept editorial image on the basis it does commercial, your images would be rejected. Carefully go through Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock and the links therein for property guidelines.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines