Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REFUSAL?

Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Below image was refused due to'During our review, we found that it contains elements that appear to be protected by intellectual property (IP) laws, so we can't accept it into our collection. Elements protected by IP may appear in the image or in the description, title, and/or keywords.'
Lulworth cove by shore 1tiny.jpg

If you do a Adobe stock search for Lulworth cove your find images with people on beach, boats in the cove, buildings yet this image was denied?

I don't get it I also took a image of Portland Bill Lighthouse that has no people and its a lighthouse, SS, Getty etc accepted it as commercial not editorial as its a public service lighthouse so I'm wodering will Adobe not accept this also..

Thanks for anyone who replies.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

The white speedboat in the  middle has a visible name or logo on the side. There's also a woman on the far right side who is somewhat recognizable, but I wasn't able to zoom in closely so can't be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Yes, if you remove the boat name, and other logos, model numbers, trademarks, etc. that may appear on any of the boats or motors, it will probably be approved. Indeed, it is well known that Adobe Stock is more stringent than other sites in terms of quality and apparently in terms of IP infringement also. They don't make the laws regarding Intellectual Property; they just respect and enforce them. I can't tell from the iStock sample that you included whether any of the boat identifiers are visibl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like our comment, especially on technical or IP issues, you need to share with us the very same file you submitted. There is every chance it will show problems (such as the names of boats) which are not visible in your "tiny" image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok I will upload and descrption and key words. 

Thanks for replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Due to 10meg limit I was unable to show you the same size I originally gave for review so

here is the full size on flickr https://flic.kr/p/2mgcHX4 

Cheers

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Description was 'Far side of Lulworth cove with the morning sun lighting up the pebbles and rocks on the beach, with sailing boats anchored in the cove, West Lulworth, Wareham, Dorset.'

Keywords are:  bay, beach, beautiful, blue, boat, clear blue sky, clear water, cliffs, coast, days out, dorset, english coast, english summer, holiday, holistay, jurassic coast, landscape, lulworth cove, nature, ocean, outdoor, pebble beach, sailing boats, sea, sea boats, sky, staycation, summer, sunbathers, sunburst, sunny, sunstar, tourism, tourist destination, travel, vacation, wareham, water

Lulworth cove by shore 1 adobeforum.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white speedboat in the  middle has a visible name or logo on the side. There's also a woman on the far right side who is somewhat recognizable, but I wasn't able to zoom in closely so can't be sure.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill,

Oh well yes in I zoom in to pixelation I can just make out on the boat 'Windy' the womain on the far right has hat covering her face and is pixelated and guys side shot head is pixelated. I guess it's the boat name is it worth removing the word and resubmittng or just forget about it?

Just kinda makes think lack of consisteny like all the other stock sites as if I was able to zoom in on this I bet I could see faces and other boat name.

Hobsie_0-1628533308531.jpeg

Anyway thanks for replying.

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and to top it off I've lost the ability to spell 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Urgh wrong image but this one 

Hobsie_0-1628533732296.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is also constantly reviewing existing images on their site. I had a couple of images of a monument at Manzanar National Historic Site approved, but a few months later they were rejected, citing IP violation. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you remove the boat name, and other logos, model numbers, trademarks, etc. that may appear on any of the boats or motors, it will probably be approved. Indeed, it is well known that Adobe Stock is more stringent than other sites in terms of quality and apparently in terms of IP infringement also. They don't make the laws regarding Intellectual Property; they just respect and enforce them. I can't tell from the iStock sample that you included whether any of the boat identifiers are visible, but since all of the people have their backs to the camera, making them unrecognizable, they would probably not require a Model Release.   

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill,

Ok I will try and do this, least I know they are that strict in future I'll take multiple images in of places if people and layer blend people out, oh what a pain.

Have a good evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteJust kinda makes think lack of consisteny like all the other stock sites as if I was able to zoom in on this I bet I could see faces and other boat name.

By @Hobsie

As this is Adobe's turf, Adobe makes the rules, but by experience other stock sites have similar rules. One even did throw out one of my pictures because it showed hot coke (from coal), based on IP violation because Coca-Cola has the Coke trademark for that awfully sweet sugar water drink they make, which is completely nonsense.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow well with other places you can just put it as Editorial if you have a building that is public or even a piocture of my garage then you need a proprty release? hundred of images of Portland bill lighthouse so if you submit a lighthouse image and say yes to is there property and no I have no release then you unable to upload so how is it everyone else uploads?  It's a bit lazy to stick every building under one umbrella.

This is worse than getty but at leastyou can add your own keywords here unlike getty, swings and roundabouts 😆

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow well with other places you can just put it as Editorial

By @Hobsie

Adobe stock does not allow editorial, at least not until you have 100 downloads. And then they only allow illustrative editorials: Adobe Stock illustrative editorial guidelines 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd certainly remove the boat name. You aren't allowed (by Adobe) to make money with identificable pictures of other people's property. Because the owners can complain and worse. Boat owners are going to be particularly good at identifying their own boat, even from slight signs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not convinced that the woman to the right is a problem. Boat names, numbers, and logos are.

If you are considering to resubmit: I would also correct out the little optical artefact on the stones:

Abambo_0-1628540327173.png

And I would also darken (Burn tool in Photoshop) the nearly white rocks and pebbles.

And a last remark: It's a great picture. It would be a shame not getting this one accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines