• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual Property Refusal

Enthusiast ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I need your wisdom and experience. This photo was rejected for Intellectual Property.  Is it the fact that the grain elevator itself is the intellectual property or is there some logo or other identifiable marker I am missing?  I certainly appreciate your feedback.  The landscape version of the photo was rejected for being a similar image, but I thought I would include both for your reference.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Rob R, Photographer
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Including the name "Saskatchewan" makes it too easy to identify precisely where the silo is located. I believe it will be accepted if you scrub out those letters, making it a generic silo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including the name "Saskatchewan" makes it too easy to identify precisely where the silo is located. I believe it will be accepted if you scrub out those letters, making it a generic silo. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill_C, I didn't think having the Canadian province name of Saskatchewan on the building could be the issue, but you're probably right.  I appreciate the feedback.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the criteria for a property release:

"When your images depict recognizable places, buildings, artwork, cars, pets, or other property owned by someone else, you often need their permission before you submit the images to Adobe Stock. Property owners give you their permission by signing a property release."

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just got confused / lazy regarding property releases and the grain elevators.  They were a common sight with hundreds of them across the province in every rural community along the railroad tracks.  I think I made the assumption that they were generic enough as every one of them in the province would have the word "Saskatchewan" written on the side and I didn't require a rease as long as I removed the community name and company logos.  Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback.  It is appreciated.

-Rob

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted an image from the cliffs along the Great Ocean Road in Australia, and it included a sign that read "Warning - Unstable Cliffs", but down in the corner in very small print it said "Port Campbell National Park". It was rejected. When I removed the reference to the park it was accepted. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines