• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual property refusal

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images below were refused because of intellectual property rights. I included a signed property release from Rapala that is attached. What is the issue? What is the purpose of a property release if Adobe doesn't

except it? I have had other images accepted using the same release. I apologize in advance for the fact my e-mail and contact info is included in this post. I'm not sure exactly how to not include it.

[property model release deleted, contains private data. Please do not post private information like e-mails and phone numbers]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You previously posted on this same topic and were advised not to upload the release with your personal information, and yet you've done it again here.

The document you attached is a Model Release, not a Property Release. You would need both. 

However, after looking at a few of the images, I also see other logos, blur, leaning horizon and noise. I suspect that some of these would be rejected for technical issues even if the releases were intact and properly uploaded.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit private data out. You do not need to post anything that contains private data. A simple Photoshop brush would do.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a property release for all and each IP related item in your picture. You got good advice in your previous post. You should read that advice and look everywhere if there isn't a logo or IP item that is not covered by your unique property release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem determined to ignore the replies telling you about the releases you HAVEN'T GOT. For example. Most pics: navigation equipment. Second and some other pics: lure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, your pics include a logo for the property with the release. A property release allows you to use recognisable products, but not logos or trademarks. Adobe say "If your content includes a logo or trademark, you need to remove it. ". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crux with a property release is: anyone can take that picture and use it in a negative ad. 😉 As the property owner, I would not allow that, and real companies don't do. I wonder if those company owners not think, that this would be used only as a cover picture for a fishing magazine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something important, do you have a model release for this person that i imagine it is yourserf? I believe that is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines