• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intellectual property release

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent an inordinate amount of time getting property releases from companies who's logos or brands are in my images. Sometime the companies have been very cooperative about gving me the release. Some have taken a little more persistance. But whenver I submit an image that has a visible trademark or logo I have a release to go with it. The problem is those same images are being rejected for intellectual property. WTF??? What did I spend all that time and effort for to get the proper release only to have the image rejected for not having one!!! For instance, I have some images of my son holding a big steelhead that have been on a magazine cover. Great shot! He has an Abu Garcia cap on that I had him wear. I have a prpoerty release from Pure Fishing who owns the brands Berkley, Shakespeare, Fenwick, Rapala, Sufix, Pflueger, .... and Abui Garcia. That image and several simlair ones have been rejeced because of intellectual property. And yet one of them has been excepted. What kind of operation is Adobe running here? And what can I do to have my images excepted when I have the proper property release for the image. 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share an image for which you believe you have complete IP releases. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes sees more IP.  Also, do your releases clearly relate to the specific product? Adobe aren't going to do brand ownership research. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logos are a nogo, property release or not.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your remarks are a bit confusing.

• Excepted = not accepted.
  • Accepted = received and approved.

Accompanied by signed releases or not, logos are NOT accepted for commercial use.  Before submission, do completely remove any logos and trademarks from your images.  See below from the Stock Contributor User Guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.html

I hope that clarifies Adobe Stock's policy.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one of the property releases I'm referring to.

On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 8:28 AM Mike Gnatkowski
wrote:

> He's is one of the releases I'm referring to.
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A) email attachments do not work.

B) if you publish a property release here, edit out private information before uploading.

As said by me and @Nancy OShea: Images with logos don't get accepted, even if you have a property release for the logo.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines